“Down to earth”

Kurt's Corner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This local restaurant is down to earth, with local food very tasty. Fresh fish and local beef, frendly staff. Good prices. You meet lots of locals while there. Don't miss the johnny cake/flitters to start with.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had to try this place after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. Was a little hard to find, but worth it. Lots of locals eat here. Small kitchen serves to a covered outdoor pavilion. I had the wahoo cayman style with a salad. Portions were very good, the side salad was big enough to be a meal by itself. It had very good greens, cranberrys, pecans, chunks of blue cheese, tomatoes and onions - much better than you would expect. The fish was cooked perfectly with the right amount of spice. Prices were very reasonable. We debated eating here a second time, which is something we never do as we like to get a wide variety, but the food was just that good.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had dinner at Kurt's Corner in October of 2012. We had several people recommend it and decided to check it out after an afternoon at Rum Point. It is right behind the Red Barn and could be missed but once we were there, it's charms emerged. Prices are very reasonable (a rarity in Grand Cayman) and the food was very good. The wait staff was super friendly and hustled to get things moving. We ordered drinks from the Red Barn (rum punches) that were good and quickly delivered. I had grilled grouper which was great. Others had red snapper which I have to say was even better. I am convinced you won't find a better combination of good food, fair pricing and friendly people on Grand Cayman.

2  Thank Scott319
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have been going to Cayman year after year and was delighted to see this new place near where we were staying. We went for lunch on 2 days. No mosquito issues during the day.
On Sunday we had a pleasant waitress serve us on linen covered tables on the covered deck.
I had a small fried snapper and 3 sides! I love caribbean macaroni salad, rice n beans and I also got island veggie mix. Also there was a homemade hot sauce that the waitess brought. It was like a gardineria but very hot! Made from scotch bonnets, onions and vinegar water.
we scooped out the onions and ate it with the meal. So good.
My husband got the bbq chicken. also came with a garden salad, rice n beans and some other side. The best part was the fritter bread and garlic spread that comes complementary before your meal. The meals were only $10 each. see pictures. So good. The waitress this day- was just a delight and answered all my questions and made ordering easy.
Went back another day. got a different waitress. She was a bit rough around the edges but it's not going to effect my ratings. i again got a lovely meal with good sides. My husband ordered the hamburger despite me telling him about other reviews about their hamburgers. Needless to say he didn't finish it. So don't get the hamburger or any western food.. stick with local.. it's great!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

As in the states, we love to try small hidden dining spots where locals eat. This was IT in Old Man Bay !

We had lunch twice and dinner once during a 2 week stay. The blackened fish wraps were delicious. We shared conch fritters .... they were spicy but delicious. Unlike another poster, I prefer conch tender and not chewy, so we really enjoyed them.

The fried bread (comes with garlic butter which is great) can also be ordered with a side of honey for those who like something sweet !

Husband had the special "Fresh Fish Cayman Style" twice. He claimed it was excellent, but none of us can verify because he would not share ONE BITE. haha

I had the Shrimp Pernod (recommended by a friend) and although I was a bit apprehensive, it was delicious. I plan to try the conch steak next time as it was also recommended by the same person.

It is not on the water and parking is difficult if you go around noon or a busy dinner service...... but we dealt with it just fine.

Yes, plan to spend some time there depending on the time you go and the crowd. Yes, plan to take some bug spray. Yes, you are on island time .... relax and enjoy. Yes, it's a well-priced delighful dining option in the area !

1  Thank escargot2