“Worst Service Ever”

Add it.
Raakel's Ridge Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Thai, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Description: With great ski in/ski out access off of Perfection Run Raakel's is the popular local hangout specialising in traditional pub fare. Raakel's is open for lunch, apres, dinner and is known for its awesome DJ nights and live shows! Under new ownership this year Raakel's is the place to experience the mountain as the local's do! Drink and food specials every day of the week including Wednesday Wing and DJ night, Thursday Jam Night, Sunday Double Highballs, FREE pool and Bingo nights for some family friendly fun! We allow minors on the premises until 8pm so make sure to include all the family members!
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We went in for lunch while skiing. I can't believe the poor service we got here. The waitress walked away when I was trying to give my order, never refreshed our water or offered more drinks. When she finally did take the order she got it massively wrong, bringing only food for one person. She wanted to leave that meal (that had been passing around the restaurant for 20 minutes looking for a home) and deliver a second meal later, acting as if HER getting the order wrong was MY fault. She was snotty when I requested both meals, fresh and hot, at the same time. It was if she'd never even BEEN IN a restaurant before. The food was passable, the service was deplorable. At what's billed as a 'world class resort' this was unacceptable, I'll never go back. On top of this, the washrooms were gross, this is the type of establishment I'd expect to see on the downtown east side of Vancouver, not "Canada's favorite family resort."

Reviewed January 3, 2010