“Fun Pub”

Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Big White
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Canada's Highest Altitude Irish Tavern! Hearty all day Irish breakfast, gastro pub lunch fare and evenings of Irish Ale, local craft beer, live music and "craic"!
Phoenix , Az
“Fun Pub”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you are looking for a fun pub with good food this is your place. The staff is great and very accommodating

Visited February 2014
BlarneyStoneGlobe, Owner at The Blarney Stone Irish Tavern, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to respond! Glad you enjoyed our fun atmosphere, good food and friendly servers! We look forward to welcoming you back soon:)

“A tale of a bar & a restaraunt”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The good: The Guinness and the large cut fires
The bad: Service was hit & miss ... not terrible but when you had young starving kids and the others are getting service ahead of you it is frustrating.
The ugly: We were here when the restaurant had a private function. The kitchen got behind and they stopped taking food orders from the bar area, which is of course where we were sitting with our two starving kids having just ordered our drinks.

I did a taster of the food at the Ontario night and it was great. My steak pie when it arrived (and it does have a warning on it that it takes some time) was good. My sons steak (from the kids menu) arrived and it was covered in some sauce that he didn't like. When we asked it was highlighted that the menu said "featured" steak, and I guess we didnt ask what the feature was ... our mistake??

What I think would have changed this all for us was simple ... sneak out a portion of large cut fries out the kitchen for the starving kids. It would have made our kids forget about how hungry they were and the adults, chill abit instead of being stressed. Our waiter constantly apologized to us for the service but didn't actually do anything about it.

Now, I have given this review the benefit of the doubt as it does have the making of a decent bar in an awkward space but out own experience was not awesome. Maybe on a different night I would be more consistent with the other reviewers.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank soapdodger73
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I know exactly the night that you dined with us and I can only apologize as you should have been told as soon as you walked through the door that the kitchen would be closing for main meals, but still serving all our appetizers, for a 1 hour period while we had a large private ski club of 50 people who had reserved the whole dining room for that time. Sadly our kitchen simply isn't big enough to execute a set meal for 50 at the same time as a full pub so we had to limit the menu options for that time. Absolutely you should have been brought some appetizers or our famous Blarney Fries to tide over the kids hunger, and absolutely the "Kids Steak Feature" of that day should have been described to you in detail. Having 2 young boys of my own I know only too well how stressful dining can be with hungry kids! I do wish I had had the opportunity to talk to you about your needs, and do our best to meet them during that night itself, and I will work with our servers during their start of season training to ensure they communicate more with the floor manager or myself in any instances like this when a special function is going on so that all customers are know fully up front and every effort is made to ensure their service and dining experience is the same high level as a regular night.. Please email me privately at jude@globedining.com so that I can invite you back on a future occasion to give you and your family a usual wonderful Blarney Stone experience on a regular night. Sincere apologies again from myself and Anthony your server that night.
BC, Canada
“Great pub atmosphere”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

There us a really good, busy, Irish pub vibe at this place and it keeps us coming back. Sometimes just for a Irish beer and appy, but their meals are hearty and perfect for a ski hill. Staff is great, food is consistent, and there is nothing bad to say here.

• Visited February 2014
Kelowna, Canada
“Great food, great atmosphere and great value.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

You can't go wrong here. All the meals are fresh and taste great. They are very handsomely portioned so make sure you are hungry. You are welcomed by a friendly face every time. It's a fun place with great atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Bunbury, Australia
“Exceptional holiday place!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The Blarney is a well managed pub with excellent food and even better staff that are happy to help make the stay enjoyable