“Great place!”
Review of Old Farm

Old Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dorn
Old Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Dorn
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We've spent 3 beautiful days in this old fashioned BB.
Sarah and family are VERY nice, and they made us feel like home.
The words are "feel free to"... everything! Borrow the skate, play tennis in the garden, buy the dinner out and use the dining room, wander around the farm up and down, etc...
The house is old, but very clean.
And breakfasts are very tasty, with local produce. In fact they sell their products in the shop right there, in the farm.
The walk to Moreton in Marsh, through the fields is very nice and short, easy for children too.
And driving along the narrow roads in the Cotswolds, finding charming villages as Broad Camden, is fantastic.
We absolutely recommend the Old Farm.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank miquelgl
There are newer reviews for Old Farm

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went for my friend's hen do for a sausage making course at Old Farm in dorn. Sarah and Simon could not help us enough and we had a lovely time. The whole ethos of the Farm is fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We booked this for a quiet break away. it was lovely. the breakfast was fantastic and they were very accomodating, preparing breakfoast for us at 6.30am one of the days as we had to catch a plane. The four poster room was very cosy and we really enjoyed walking across the fields into the nearby village of moreton in the marsh. I recommend that you bring some wellies though if you want to walk across the fields! would definitely return here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2010

My partner and I were looking for a weekend getaway in the Cotswolds and after lots and lots of searching finally came across this beautiful gem. The Old Farm is the nicest bed and breakfast we've ever stayed in - lovely and quiet, cosy and friendly. It's family run which adds to it's charm, there are photographs of the family which I found quite endearing. Sarah had lovely hot tea and biscuits ready for our arrival which was perfect. If you can book the four poster bed room - you are in for a treat... the bed was the most comfortable i've ever slept in in my life! Breakfast was just amazing, all locally produced and delicious. The area is ideally located about 10-15 minutes from a couple of quaint towns with lots of lovely places to eat. We drove to Stratford from the Old Farm on the Saturday which took just an hour.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, you will not be looked after more anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a four day stay at the Old Farm. Never having been to the Cotswolds before and with no car, our stay at the farm was a breath of fresh air that really brought the 'country feeling' of hour holiday together. I can say that located in Moreton in Marsh, it made a great spot to go explore as buses and station are only a one mile walk away (across paddocks next to horses and cows which is fun in the morning!). Rooms are very big and cosy and the homemade breakfasts are wonderful. The family have their own farm produce shop next to B&B so everything is fresh, locally sourced and yum! We definately would love to stay again should we go back to the Cotswolds. Thank you for a wonderful stay Old Farm!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovinuk
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We booked to stay at Old Farm because I wanted to try staying on a farm during our trip around the UK, and our experience here was everything I hoped for and more. Sarah and Simon have done a lovely job with their farm/b&b/farm shop. The rooms are very comfortable, with lots of space to move about, a very comfortable bed, and ensuite shower and toilet. Because you're on a farm, there are little flies that will come in your room at night if you leave the window open, but they're harmless.
As a guest, we could walk around the farm and when we ran into Sarah or the kids they were happy to tell us about the animals. They have a lovely little shop where they sell their produce as well as some jams, cakes, etc. If you want to walk to town it's an easy 1 mile walk across an open field through a large herd of Sarah and Simon's sheep, which was a neat experience for us. We found Moreton-in-Marsh to be very quaint and lovely, with quite a few good places to eat.
The best part of our stay was the breakfast that they serve - Old Farm bacon is the best I've ever tasted and I don't think bacon will ever taste as good again! The fresh local yogurt was nice and the eggs were fresh from the farm as well. Basically, everything was fresh local and wonderful! I wish we had been able to stay longer but the B&B was already booked up for the weekend. I would definately stay here again if I ever have the opportunity to return to the UK!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorn
Redesdale Arms Hotel
The Manor House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Maxwell's Piece Bed and Breakfast
Maxwell's Piece Bed and Breakfas...
#2 of 18 in Moreton-in-Marsh
Horse and Groom
Horse and Groom
#1 of 1 in Bourton-on-the-Hill

Been to Old Farm? Share your experiences!