Stayed for 4 nights in September '13 having stumbled on Green Manors much by chance. And we are very glad we did! The food here really is very, very good. The evening menu (not included in the price but I think c.30Euros per head) is decided upon every morning and is based on what is locally available (including much from the extensive gardens). Good wine list with a number of tasty, well priced, local offerings. Breakfasts are ample and fresh. Pierangela and her staff (I think about 3 or 4 in total) are fantastic and couldn't do more to make your stay more relaxing.
The hotel is an old manor house (I believe historically in Pierangela’s family) sympathetically restored with an abundance of beautiful antique furniture and lashings of style and class. There is a large pool and plenty of room to enjoy the sun. Not a huge number of rooms (less than 10 I think) with majority in main part of the house.
If you are after a 5 star super luxury hotel with infinity pool, bell hops, a lift and a condescending concierge, this place probably isn't for you. If however you appreciate fantastic cuisine, a relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy a G&T or a bottle of fizz (sometimes with your host) before going in for a delicious supper, followed perhaps by a day lazing by the pool, then this place is more up your strasse.
On the less positive side, whilst our room was beautifully decorated and full of lovely antiques, our bed was not the most comfortable. In addition, there are a couple of dogs that seem to enjoy being loud on occasion – a minor inconvenience that really didn’t affect us too much, but I feel worth mentioning. Other than that, we couldn’t really fault the place (especially given the room rates) and would return at the drop of the hat.
On the whole, we loved this place and would return at the drop of a hat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring a sun terrace, outdoor pool, and candlelight dinners, Green Manors Country Resort is located in the countryside outside of Castroreale. It offers elegant accommodation surrounded by lush vegetation. With free Wi-Fi in public areas, the spacious rooms come ornately decorated and may include exposed stone walls, tapestries, and colourful tiled floors. They are each equipped with air conditioning, an electric kettle, and private bathroom. A sweet and savoury buffet breakfast is included each morning. The on-site restaurant serves international cuisine in the classy dining room. Special diet menus are available. The church of Santa Marina is 6 km away. Green Manors Resort is a 12-minute drive from Barcellona Pozzo di Gottoand 20 from Milazzo. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Green Manors Country Hotel Castroreale
- Green Manors Country Messina
- Hotel Green Manors Country
- Green Manors Country Resort Castroreale, Sicily, Italy