From the minute you walk in the door you feel as if you are visiting a friend in their home.
We were offered a cold drink or something to eat before we even checked in. Our room was looking out over the countryside with a small private patio. The room was filled with
antiques and very tastefully decorated. Chris has a flair for texture and color in a very electic sort of way. Her daughter PierAngela is officially running the inn under the watchful eye of her mother. The two nights that we were there Chris did the cooking and the meals were to die for! Everything is fresh and much is hand picked from their gardens. For example we had a fresh pasta with avacado sauce from their own avacado tree. Chris showed us a room where she had left part of the wall exposed to show us the original stone. Fine antiques abound as well as silver, art, and fresh flowers! The gardens and the pool were fantastic and she even has peacocks! We woke the first morning to the sound of the church bells chiming the time. Breakfast was breads, fruits, fresh orange juice and homemade jams, meat and cheeses. Although we were tempted to "hang out" for the day we opted to head up to Castoreale for lunch. Charming small village with fabulous views. Chris was a fascinating person to talk to. She is passionate about keeping everything environmentaly pure. She even hangs the sheets and towels on the line! Would we come back?............In a minute! for a longer stay! Green Manors is definitely a "destination" stop over but day trips to Cefalu, Messina and Taormina are managable. We left knowing that Chris would be as welcomed in our home as we were in hers!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring a sun terrace, outdoor pool, and candlelight dinners, Green Manors Country Resort is located in the countryside outside of Castroreale. It offers elegant accommodation surrounded by lush vegetation. With free Wi-Fi in public areas, the spacious rooms come ornately decorated and may include exposed stone walls, tapestries, and colourful tiled floors. They are each equipped with air conditioning, an electric kettle, and private bathroom. A sweet and savoury buffet breakfast is included each morning. The on-site restaurant serves international cuisine in the classy dining room. Special diet menus are available. The church of Santa Marina is 6 km away. Green Manors Resort is a 12-minute drive from Barcellona Pozzo di Gottoand 20 from Milazzo. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Green Manors Country Hotel Castroreale
- Green Manors Country Messina
- Hotel Green Manors Country
- Green Manors Country Resort Castroreale, Sicily, Italy