“Delicious Red Snapper”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lovely evening at LL. He started with the gazpacho. I had the red snapper fish special which was cooked to perfection. The sides were very small and unremarkable but I had more than enough fish. My husband had the mahi-mahi which was presented on a bed of tomatoes and onions. Again, the fish was well cooked and the tomato/onion accompaniment was tasty. The entertainment of the evening was watching diners order lobsters. The was much picture taking and laughing. LL has made a nice comeback from Irma and I would recommend it.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

Average food in drab surroundings. Very pleasant wait staff. The highlight was getting to meet my lobster in person before it was cooked!

Reviewed May 7, 2018

Service *****
Food ****
Value ****
La Langouste, located in the Baie Des Anges Hotel on Flamand Beach, offers excellent outdoor seating around their pool. It is a delightfully small restaurant offering wonderful dishes.
When we arrived for our 12 Noon reservation we were promptly seated. Honestly, the restaurant was not very busy at that point.
As usual, we ordered 3 Starters - 1 for each of us, and 1 for the table. We like to share different flavors. My partner order the Cod Fritters - looked good, but could have had a little more seasoning; I had the Tuna Tartare, again, it could have used a little more zing.
For the table, we ordered the the battered and fried Calamari with an aoli dipping sauce - delicious, cooked perfectly; in short, a home run.
For our main courses my partner order the grilled lobster, sold by the kilogram, it was delicious, perhaps a little over cooked, but still flavorful. I had the lobster salad - nice slices of delicious lobster over mixed greens with a light creamy dressing.
La Langouste is a good restaurant.
While we there (luckily while we were finishing our lunch) a large crowd of French residents/visitors with children began drifting in. This filled the restaurant. And began to overwhelm the 2 (manager + 1) servers. I’m glad we were leaving. It looked like things were beginning to fall apart.
Bottome line, good food, friendly servers, nice open air restaurant - don’t want to be there if there’s a burst of big parties.
As to price points, this is St. Barth and nothing is inexpensive.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Love this place. Simple. Neat. Details in a unpretentious way. The little coconut flavor in the rice as a side dish tells it all.

1  Thank Annie843
Reviewed April 1, 2018

The grilled langouste are fresh and half the price of other restaurants more upscale on the island, staff is friendly,

Decor and facility could be better.