Hotel Baie des Anges
Reve de St Barth(Anse des Flamands)(Great Value!)
$598
$399
Orbitz.com
Villa Marie Saint-Barth(Colombier)(Great Value!)
$464
$441
Christopher St Barth(Anse de Lorient)(Great Value!)
$406
TripAdvisor
Hotel Villa Lodge 4 Epices(Grand Cul-de-Sac)(Great Value!)
$534
$487
Travelocity
All reviewsla langoustebeach frontflamands beachoverlooking the beachbeachfront roomcroissantsother hotelsa family run hotelst barthssmall hoteldirect access to the beachlove stsound of the waveswould stay here againenjoyed our stayrooms are cleanevery morning
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Situated on Flamands beach, this small boutique hotel has nicely furnished large rooms (I stayed on second floor in an ocean front) with kitchen are just glorious. Stayed here last year and just noticed on trip advisor. I truly felt at home and did not want to leave. While this hotel does not offer many "services" per se, if you are looking for a peace and quiet, a gorgeous beach and all the comforts of home (sans electronics), this is your spot. It is a great value for St. Barths. The restuarant is known for it s lobster which we thoroughly enjoyed. Wifi is free onsite and you can get on the beach. Up the hill if you follow the road it leads to a path which will take you to Columbia Beach. The hike is maybe 30 minutes and a little hairy but it s worth the trip. No chairs or umbrellas, just a few lucky people enjoying paradise. After writing this, I think I need I book another trip!

Room Tip: I recommend the larger units in the front on second floor with a screened in balcony overlooking beach and large deck on opposite side also facing ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Freja3
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We we there for a long weekend in May. The staff is lovely. The hotel restaurant is superb. Breakfast comes with delicious coffee and fresh squeezed juice. Lunch and dinner offer great salads and seafood options. The restaurant is jammed for dinner dinner most nights. The hotel is on a beautiful beach which was never crowded. Our room had a gorgeous view. The owner Annie was delightful. Would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NJ_Family_Team
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I had an amazing holiday in St Barths in November 2011. Being such an expensive island, finding this great hotel (good location right on the beach, rooms clean and well decorated) with its reasonable prices was a very good deal. We would definitely advise it!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valentina D
Reviewed April 29, 2011

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful romantic getaway in St. Barts in the second week of April. I deliberated long and hard between HBDA and another room priced similarly on St Jean Beach. It was really a question of location vs. quality of the room, and as the deluxe beach front room at HBDA was the same price as a lesser room at St Jean beach, I chose Hotel Baie Des Anges. At least our room did not disappoint! It was spotlessly clean, had nice thick walls, a pretty canopy bed, great water pressure, a decent kitchen area, and an awesome deck with MAGNIFICENT sunsets. I would say that the room was actually a bit larger than it appears in most of the web photos I viewed. The only drawbacks with the room were that one of the lights was not working, the a.c. seemed to have some programming issues, and the tv was not repaired until the last day we were there, although I certainly wouldn't have been watching tv anyway.

The hotel itself is on a beautiful, long stretch of soft sand beach. It was very peaceful and is also only a short pleasant hike to Colombier Beach which is also gorgeous and great for snorkeling. I would say that out of six of the eight days we were there, the water was great for swimming with nice waves, but on perhaps two of the days it was a bit too rough. After having seen both Flamands Beach and St Jean Beach, I would have opted for St Jean as It really felt like the epicenter of the island and had a livelier vibe. My girlfriend felt strongly that Flamands was the better choice as it was longer, had a better quality of sand , and is more private.

The primary problem we had with Hotel Baie Des Anges was the comically poor quality of service provided by most of the staff at the hotel. I paid for a deluxe room which included a continental breakfast each morning. Although this was supposed to come with the room, we were REQUIRED to fill out a card each day with our breakfast order for the follwing morning. The simple breakfast of coffee, juice, bread, and croissants was supposedly "made to order", so they apparently needed advance notice for this complicated meal. We got off pretty easy the first day we forgot about the card. There was a mild scolding by the waitress, but then she charitably brought us the basket and our drinks. The next day my girlfriend dared to sit down w/o us having filled out the card; "I TOLD you yesterday to fill out the card", we were admonished by our moody server who then brought us our sub Holiday Inn Express meal in a cloud of pique and indignation with a side of scorn for the croissants. Well, we made sure we filled it out the card for the next day and even added some bacon and fruit in attempt at appeasement. During our breakfast the following day, I foolishly lost sight of the coffee pot on the table and asked for more coffee. This was not a smart move. A shocked and bewildered stare, followed by "Your coffee is right there on the table, uhh, maybe you drink too much last night?" while getsuring with her hand like someone guzzling a bottle. Haha, what a riot. So we alternated between filling out the card, forgetting all about it while we were enjoying the island, and just avoiding breakfast all together. The final morning of our stay we had filled out the card the day before and sat down for our meal, then Miss Sunshine comes over to the table with an order pad and asks us what we would like for breakfast! So my girlfriend told her we would like some croissants for a change, and I ventured to say some coffee please, and umm, (sheepishly) "I did put some bacon on the card yesterday..." "oh! that's why I asked you what you wanted!" as she storms off in a huff. We try never to be rude, but all we could do was laugh, and then laugh some more!!

The other surprising thing was that on the third day of our stay I asked the owner directly if there was any laundy service. She seemed surprised by the question, but said she would have to call the girl and would let me know. I passed her in the driveway the next day, and she said "oh, I will let you know about the laundry" , but then we never heard another word about it. If they didn't offer that service it wouldn't have been a big deal, but we gathered up our clothes that we might have otherwise gotten more wear out of and threw them in a bag as they seemed to be indicating that there was in fact some kind of service.I realize that HBDA is somewhat residential in nature, and I was not expecting Four Seasons style service, but I feel a simple request like this at least merited a response.

Something else to be aware of is that the deluxe room package comes with a rental car, which sounds great, but the car we received was an underpowered micro Hyundai which barely made it up the steep and treacherous mountains of the island. The tranny was cooked in the one they initially provided us with, so after a couple of days I returned it saying that I did not feel that it was safe. After a long argument with the rental agent, he relented and gave me the same model car, which while still weak and cheezy, at least seemed to be in better repair and was better on the hills. Oh, you do ABSOLUTELY need a car if you are staying in Anse De Flamands, and be aware that the roads and the St Barts motorists are c-r-a-zy!

So I would have to say that this lovely little hotel was marred by only by poor service, but we certainly didn't let it spoil our fun. To be fair there was one young girl at the front desk who went out of her way to be freiendly and helpful with directions, but even while checking out the morose girls at the reception desk (including our charming breakfast waitress) couldn't even muster a "thank you, and I hoped you enjoyed your stay" Again, I realize this is not a five star hotel and is a bargain for this island, but it still cost thousands of dollars for a week's stay. Surprising and somewhat dissppointing based on all the rave reviews.

Room Tip: deluxe room is worth it-
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
15  Thank travelcrafty
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My husband and I just returned from an idyllic stay at Hotel Baie des Anges. We cannot give you any "cons" because there WERE none. Everything about Annie's hotel is so lovely. Our beachfront room was beautiful, spotless, spacious and well equipped. It included an open air kitchen with sliding windows, a large patio with table and chairs where we could have entertained at least 6-8 guests for cocktails, and the bathroom was large enough so that both my husband and I could use the sink space at the same time, AND we could store all my lotions and potions and makeup. Perfect!
Annie was the perfect hostess; she was not intrusive, and she respected your privacy----but if you needed her advice or assistance for anything, she was right on the spot. The attending staff were fabulous each and every day. From breakfast to evening dining, the servers were more than attentive, with sweet personalities and 5 star efficiency. We ate at their restaurant, La Langouste, many times during our stay and were never disappointed!! Our room was kept spotless each day, and we never had to ask for additional towels or soap etc. Just a perfect 10 days, in a perfect location, with perfectly gracious hosts. We already have our reservation for next year and are looking forward to staying in the same spot. We have been visiting St. Barth's for over 20 years and this was the first time we didn't stay in the St. Jean. We were cautiously optimistic about our change, and so very happy when we entered the premises of Baie des Anges. Thank you so much, Annie and staff, for a terrific vacation. We'll see you in 11 short months!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple