Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France
Villa Marie Saint-Barth(Colombier)(Great Value!)
$471
$448
Travelocity
Hotel Le Village St Barth(St. Jean)(Great Value!)
$259
Hotel Website
Christopher St Barth(Anse de Lorient)(Great Value!)
$413
TripAdvisor
Hotel Taiwana(Anse des Flamands)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Baie des Anges(Anse des Flamands)
TripAdvisor
Les Mouettes(St. Jean)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgarden bungalowflamands beachlouis vuittonfashion showour honeymoonbeautiful beachhope to returnbeach sidetop notchbeach chairsgeneral managerfeet in the sandnew york citysmall hotelbeach vacationluxury hoteleden roc
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I rented a friend's beachfront villa at Isle de France for Valentine's Day week and couldn't have been more delighted. The staff went out of their way to welcome us and make sure our stay was superb. Breakfast and lunch (and beachside snacks) were delicious, and the wait staff was charming and rather fun! Our two-story, beachfront villa was the epitome of luxury, and the cleaning staff did a phenomenal job every day -- not a grain of sand to be found inside, which is remarkable since we would step out the door, off of our lower deck and right onto the beach (and therefore, at some point, back in again)!

Speaking of the beach, we explored every beach on the island during our stay, and other than Anse de Grande Saline (which has no beachside hotels), Flamands Beach is by far the most beautiful. White sand, calm waters (although the wind did pick up during part of the week, creating some rather large waves. However, the few children that were staying at the hotel that week seemed to enjoy that immensely, and it was fun to watch!)

We will definitely be returning, and are evening considering buying into partial ownership of a villa. Merci beaucoup et à bientôt, Hotel St. Barth Isle de France!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JackieLee66
HSBIDF, Directeur général at Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments posted on TripAdvisor. The entire team at the Isle de France joins me in thanking you and we really appreciate you taking the time to do so.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the villa, location, food, and service. Our staff takes a great deal of pleasure in making sure that all our guests’ needs are met and it is hugely rewarding for them to receive a review such as this.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel very soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had lunch at their pool side restaurant and found it to be full of elderly couples who were more interested in being seen than eating the food.We had a salad nicoise and it was just fair..... here was their chance to show how a french restaurant could prepare a relatively classic and simple dish and it was disappointing.We did not stay at the hotel so this is only a review of the lunch there.Tables are very crowded but service was good. The position of the hotel is superb, with its own little beach, but the pool is small with limited space around it to use the chairs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michael c
HSBIDF, Directeur général at Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your lunch at La Case de l’Isle has not been great.
First of all, thanks for saying that the service was good.
We always try to meet our guest’s expectation and your comment is important for us. I apologize for this disappointing lunch.
I hope that one day you will give a second chance to the hotel St Barth Isle de France, where all the team work hard to make our guests experience a nice one.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have never stayed at this lovely hotel but I make a point of dining there every time I return to St Barts. La Case de l'Ile is a simple structure, overlooking the sea, that manages to be both casual and elegant, just the combination one expects on St Barts. The service is both attentive and friendly, putting you immediately at your ease. There is a wide variety of food to be had, from local seafood to meat & potatoes, deftly and creatively prepared, always good and occasionally excellent. The wine list features one of the best Châteauneuf du Pape reds I have ever drunk, a Château Mont Redon, and at a reasonable price. All in all, you are almost assured a relaxed and satisfied dining experience in this gracious room at the ocean's edge.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LivingWell

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your very nice comment.
We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit to the Hotel St Barth Isle de France restaurant, la Case de l’Isle.
Kindly know that your appreciation means a lot to all the team.
We will be very pleased to welcoming you again for lunch or more...

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Have been visiting Hotel St. Barth Isle de France for as long as I can remember. Bar-none the best Hotel and location on the island. Have stayed at numerous other hotels and villas throughout the years (when unable to get reservations). IDF is in a league all its own. It is more than a hotel, it is a destination. Its location on Flamands Beach is unparalleled. Long white sandy beaches with calm waters make it truly a slice of paradise.

I recently hosted my family and in-laws, and due to the number of ppl, we were accommodated in a great villa across the street. The staff throughout this hotel treats you like family, even if you are not a regular. Everyone from the front desk, to the exceptional staff at the restaurant bent over backwards for us. Jerome, Frederick, Thomas and the rest of the team are simply THE BEST OF THE BEST. They definitely make you feel like royalty. All servers attend to all guests, regardless of table, (so I question post below regarding service, since it has been very consistent, and its what IDF has been know for years). Perhaps his was an isolated case.

Albeit the Hotel is now part of Oetker Collection (one of the top Hotel groups in the world), the staff remains the same. In fact management now has even more flexibility in recruiting the best suited staff. Christelle Hilpron (GM) is simply one of a kind. She has bent over backwards in years past to not only accommodate, but see to it that everyone feels at home. She personally greets every guest and takes it upon herself to ask and make sure that all is taken cared of.

Be forewarned that it is very difficult, if not impossible, to get accommodations during the high season (dec-jan), as most guests are regulars. However, once management gets to know you they will treat you like a hotel guest, and allow you to use their excellent amenities, even if you are not staying with them. The hotel is in the process of building more rooms, and I have been told that an entirely new restaurant will be built. I'm hopeful that next year we can secure a reservation for the high season.

Surely there are other 5 star resorts on the island, but few have the setting and location, and none have the amazing and exemplary staff of Isle de France.

sl

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank x o
HSBIDF, Directeur général at Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
I thank you so much for taking time to write this wonderful comment . The entire team at the hotel St Barth Isle de France joins me in thanking you and we really appreciate you taking the time to do so.
We are delighted to learn that you deeply appreciated the property, its beach and the service. It is really important for us to know that our clients will keep good memories of their stay.
Thanking you again for your appreciation. We do look forward to welcoming you back among us in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was my 10th time staying on ST Barth at the Isle De France and will hopefully spend many years ahead in my new found paradise. You should not expect large resorts and Las Vegas Glitz because you are coming to the wrong island. If you are looking for class,beautiful topography,small and private resorts and villas, sophistication ,peace ,clean, safe, quiet, genuinely nice natives with awesome food, you have found your heaven own earth. My favorite always is room 23- the tropical villa. Beautiful garden backyard that has a private pool and great and secluded outdoor space for relaxing and entertaining as we as a well appointed sitting are. Even at full capacity, The resort is never too busy and the personal attention is better than any other 5 star resort I have visited . Special thanks to Elodie Blanchard and Aurore Guadry for working so hard to make sure all was flawless. I am writing this review as I am about to fall asleep in the Tropical villa for my last wonderful night on my beloved ST barth.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RobnCT
HSBIDF, Directeur général at Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your room, location, food and service. Our staff takes a great deal of pleasure in making sure that all our guests’ needs are met and it is hugely rewarding for them to receive a review such as this.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.