“There's a reason they've been around for a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Halifax Airport

Quality Inn Halifax Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goffs
Digby, Canada
“There's a reason they've been around for a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently stayed here as my flight arrived much too late to consider driving home. The pickup at the airport was prompt and the driver, I believe his name was Gregg, was super nice, very helpful in supplying information about the van's schedule and also telling us about the breakfast times and check out time. When the van reached the hotel, Gregg assisted the passengers from the van and once inside the staff were friendly and efficient and I was in my room in mere minutes. The room was clean and had all the necessary amenities one would ordinarily require. The breakfast which was included in the cost of the room was delicious and there was a goodly selection of food items. In the morning when I was outside to find my car in the lot another driver offered to drive me around to locate it and when I declined he told me to be very careful because there were icy patches. I felt very well looked after and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Kanata, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was stuck at Halifax Airport for three nights recently, and the airline put me up at the nearby Quality Inn. Front desk staff were super helpful and friendly, and the shuttle service superb, with friendly, knowledgeable drivers. The complimentary breakfasts were great, as were dinners in the restaurant -- exceptionally good food for an airport hotel.

My only quibble is that the room heater could be a bit noisy, but if you had cranked up the heat before heading to sleep, it would be warm enough to go the night.

I recommend this hotel for anyone having to spend time near Halifax Airport. Thanks to the staff for being so helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed there for one night when our airline cancelled our flight back home.
The check-in staff was very courteous and we were in our room in a record-breaking time.
The room was simple and clean, the beds were a bit hard to our liking.
The showerhead could be updated and there was no fans in the bathroom.
The breakfast was quite nice, full american with waffles and omelettes.

Its good for one night, I would not stay there longer than that as it's far from downtown by 30km.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the highway/airport. It gets really noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brampton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Location is very close to the airport. We were assigned a room in the basement! It was cold, & smelt musty. The room heater was on 75 & it was still cold. The separate bathroom is freezing, the sink is on one side of the hall & the tub & toilet is on the other. We had an extremely uncomfortable queen bed with a small couch & desk. There wasn't any extra blanket anywhere. The shower head had a strong piercing spray & the hot water was slightly just off just warm even with letting it run for awhile. The breakfast was ok, make ur own waffle, small omelettes, bacon etc... front desk clerk wasn't very friendly very business like, not pleasant. Location is the best thing this hotel has going for it.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room not in the basement would be better, don't go in winter time
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Goffs hotels

Walton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've read a couple of negative reviews for this Quality Inn but I have to disagree with them. I have used this hotel over the last 20 years to over-night in while travelling to and from Halifax. It is clean and offers a little more than the basics. The staff are friendly, helpful, and accommodating.

The food in the restaurant is not very good (well what I've ordered wasn't very good) but, again, the staff were very nice and tried to fix the problems.

So, in all, I would definitely recommend this for an over-night -- just don't expect fine dining and lusciously appointed rooms...it is a chain after all that caters to one-night-travelers using the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ns
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here again for one night as we had a very early flight; free parking and free 24h shuttle makes this our regular choice now.

Staff were very helpful with our bags and friendly with my very excited 6 year old (we were going to WDW the next day). My husband had forgotten to pack his toiletries for our overnight stay and the staff provided complimentary toiletries to help him out. (I could mention that I packed all 9 pieces of luggage that we took with us and all he needed to do was throw his toiletries in our overnight bag; but I won't :)

Never used the pool, did use the restaurant: it was good (see separate review). The parking and shuttle was the big draw for us and will continue to be - so I recommend the hotel for those reasons.

I found the hotel clean and our room was clean, except for the bathroom. The floor needed attention and the back of the door was disgusting: I don't even want to know what it was. Just chose to ignore it as we were not in the room very long . . . other than that, it was clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lausanne, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

My parents booked me this hotel because I was flying in late. They "knew" the chain so just called but it is a drab, dingy place. Front desk guy was rude after a long, delayed connection. Room was cold and breakfast was all fried and/or starch. No fruit to be seen and as for "eco friendly" they have only styrofoam cups and plastic cutlery!!! Book any other airport hotel. They seem cheaper, cleaner and generally nicer. (Modern.) This is the worst hotel experience I have had in years.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goffs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Comfort Inn Halifax
Comfort Inn Halifax
#15 of 28 in Halifax
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

Been to Quality Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!