Lowest prices for your stay
$74
$73
Hotels.com$74
Priceline$74
getaroom.com$75
All reviews halifax airport breakfast room parking lot yogurt shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

We stay at many holiday inns but this one is by far the best. The staff are wonderful. They can't do enough for you. The breakfast which is included with the stay is by far a great addition .I decided to take a couple muffins for on the road and thought I was being a little dishonest in doing so. So I asked the waitress if I could and she replies to my surprise .. My dear of course ,we have bags here for you to out them in or a box if you prefer . I had to chuckle. But I thought what a great idea . Overall we stayed there twice in 2 weeks and we will stay there again whenever we are back in Halifax .Cheers !!

Date of stay: October 2014
Kathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2014

Good day brucepynn! Thank you very much for your kind review. I am so happy to hear about your pleasant stay with us. We love to hear feeback about our breakfast and service and appreciate you taking the time to write about it.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2014

we stayed here at the end of our trip to Europe after 28 days away and were pleasantly surprised at the room size and bed comfort... we booked the hotel because of the parking while away and a late night return flight , as well as the shuttle service...we were extremely happy to have a quiet airport hotel, and have decided the next stay will also include the night before the flight as well, breakfast was great and having coffee available very early was appreciated..I know its a minor quibble, but plastic cutlery at breakfast ? but this will not stop us from booking again .

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you arbours2014 for your wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the shuttle service! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2014

The hotel is pretty close to the airport and has a free shuttle - so that is excellent. There is no bar or food service inside the hotel and the pantry was pretty expensive.

other than that, a fine place to stay

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Kathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2014

Good day Deryl G! Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback in regards to the pantry. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 17, 2014

Well, Just have to say, between the Hilton and the Holiday Inn at the Halifax Airport.. These two have always been my top pic, both clean, decent cost..... When 13 of us were leaving for Punta Cana Last Wednesday Oct 15th - Myself and two others were sharing a room... around 1 AM I heard a noise, all of a sudden a light came on in our room.... it appeared someone was checked into our room, an older couple... I laid in bed frozen, it absolutely scared the heck out of me.... They quickly said "THERE ARE PEOPLE IN HERE" and left... When I notified the counter clerk, he said OH ya there was a mix up, sorry about that... SORRY? We had complete strangers come into our room in the middle of the night and I got a sorry????!!!!!! It could have been anyone! NOT PLEASED, having said that I have my doubts I will be selecting this hotel again in the future as well for starters should I feel safe knowing they have incompetent workers, working the night shift giving our customers rooms??
Truly appreciate having strangers in the night!!!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Kathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Good day Denise M. Thank you very much for the comments in regards to your last stay with us. I am very shocked to hear of your experience. We certainly take these situations very seriously and would love the opportunity to make it right for you. If you would like to reach out to me when you plan on coming back to our area, I would love to hear from you.

Reviewed October 8, 2014

We were part of a group of 35+ people that had 10 rooms booked last Saturday night (4Oct). We all arrived between 3 and 6 PM and checked in with no problems.
Our group had one of the meeting rooms reserved for a few hours in the early evening. Everyone seemed to have a great time.
The room we had was a suite, with two queen beds plus a pull-out sofa bed. The room had a mini kitchette that gave us some added flexibility. We all had a comfortable sleep.
Breakfast in the morning, which was included with the room, was really good. The hot food was continuously replenished so nobody seemed to have to wait very long.
The staff were all very friendly, and we checked out with no difficulty.
We'd definitely come back!

Room tip: The suites have a pull-out sofa and a mini kitchenette.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Kathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2014

Good day DHAandS! We are very happy to hear that your group enjoyed their stay with us. We certainly hope to see you again in the future.