“Vast improvement”

The Chartroom
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Inverkip
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the Idyllic surroundings of Kip Marina, the Chartroom bar and restaurant boasts a menu full of locally sourced seafood and traditional Scottish fayre, plus the Famous (original and best) Chicken Sizzle!
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Since my last review I have visited on a number of occasion's. I have to say I have not been disappointed. I have found the food to be fresh and tasty and the service has been good. The manager is always on the restaurant floor and happy to assist his staff. I have visited with my two children who always have a good choice on the kids menu. The mid week deals are also a winner.

There are newer reviews for The Chartroom

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had lunch here when visiting The Boat Show. The restaurant was very busy. Many had to be turned away. We were very lucky to get a table. The menu choice was superb with snacks through to meals. We both chose the Thai Chicken Curry. Although very busy the staff were very efficient, pleasant and coped well under pressure. We have no doubts about dining here in future. Thank you all for a delicious lunch.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had our wedding in July at the Chartroom and I can honestly say that I could not fault them in the slightest.

Rather surprisingly, Scotland had had a heatwave for the 3 weeks prior to our wedding day..then lo and behold it decided to end the day of our wedding. We had planned to have our ceremony outside on the Chartroom's Patio. This did not phase the staff in the slightest, they set it all up outside...however, they got the feelings that the heavens were about to open and they were correct...but it seemed no hassle for them to bring everything inside.

Then started Greenocks worst flash flood in 20 years....just at the start of our ceremony.....but when I arrived, Alan was there (Umbrella in hand) and done everything he could to ensure that I wouldn't get wet. This was pretty much the trend for the day.... when we wanted anything, he was there and nothing was too much to ask.

we had quite a few guests with food allergies and they were catered for with no questions at all. We did have one guest who can't eat pig/ham who had forgotten to let us know in advance. Our first course was vegetable & ham hough soup. Our guest just decided that he would leave the soup and not mention, but Alan noticed him not eating and immediately guessed what was up. He sorted this and our guest was able to enjoy some vegetable soup. I think this shows excellent customer service skills and our guest was really pleased.

I had family from England come up with their young kids and prior to the meal, one of them had a tantrum due to due tiredness and his dad had to take him back to the B&B. I've been told by his wife that the staff in the chartroom kept him a meal for his return, so that he didn't go hungry...a lot of places wouldn't do this.

We had chosen the lowest package on the menu due to having so many guests on the day (120) and you would never have believed it, the food we were given was lovely and was of a really high quality....I will openly admit that my husband and I can be quite picky when when it comes to our food, but we were very happy with this.

The feedback from our guests is that the Chartroom was a fantastic place for a wedding and my husband and I cannot recommend it enough.Our day was perfect (Flashfloods included) and I think how well the chartroom ran the day helped contribute to this. 5 stars all round....

1  Thank Missmartin81
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Recent visit for Family Birthday Meal we had around 20 of us split over 2 tables .The Restaurant was Full as it was a Friday night but service was very Friendly and fast .All our party commented on the quality of the food and the presentation and I must say Generous portions and excellent value for Money the Sea Food Linguine was Perfect well done chef .
We all had a Fantastic night thanks to all the Staff we will be back soon

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have eaten here a few times as we live in the area. Its a hit or miss whether you get good service or food. Don't think we will be giving it another chance after the last time. The starter of goats cheese salad was lovely but our mains were very disappointing. The sea bass and crushed potato was tasteless. My husband asked for mashed potato with his steak pie instead of chips. The waitress went to ask in the kitchen if this was possible and he was told no it was not. I find this unbelievable. There were only 4 tables being used so it was not as if they were too busy to mash some of the "crushed potato" with a bit of butter. This restaurant should be busy every night with the view that it has but unfortunately this is not the case and I can understand why.

1  Thank Huxley2013