“Just Perfect!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Last time I've been here was at least 6/7 years ago and very often I missed the the warm and opulent hospitality this temple of the taste. Don't ask me why I've stayed so long depriving myself of one of the best Gourmet experiences you can have in Italy.
Today on my way back from Padua to Turin
I told myself that was definitely time to amend this mistake and I've called to ask if it was possible to stop by for a quick lunch.
I had the chance to get a table and I what was supposed to be a quick pit stop has become a
breathtaking journey trough the newest and succulent concoctions of Philippe and his wonderful Team. Everything has been just perfect. From the crunchy amuse bouche to the best Italian Ice cream you can even dream! Not even speaking of the opulent cheese carts! Yes.
Carts with s! Plural!
Thank you Philippe for this renewed emotion.
This time no more than 7 weeks before to be back!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank 276michelez
Write a reviewReviews (797)

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant looks fantastic and spacious and good service and good environment. Food is quite extraordinary but a bit too much. Most of the dishes are quite salty. But I heard it’s a very popular restaurant and definitely need booking.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018

A very French experience, maybe a little bit too French. I usually find that many high-class restaurants lack in character and boldness and here I got the exact opposite feeling. It's just that somehow I have found it to be too much. Every dish from the tasting menu was an explosion of strong sensations, heavy and courageous, but striking the palate in such a rough way that it left no room for anything else, no questions, no imaginative curiosity, no craving for the next plate that they were going to bring. At the end of it my mouth felt tired. Desserts were less than ideal. The dining place and the garden around the villa are really nice but the location of the property could be a lot better.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 5, 2017

Taken by business friends this is really a superb dining experience. Everything about lunch was special. Staff were perfectly trained, every dish delicious, fine wines and exact service. Risotto ai fungi, their speciality was mouth watering. Rane sfrigolant fried frogs. Eur 40 which we didn't try are also recommended. Pork with hazrlnut cream. Maialino di latte alla nocciole eur 40 was perfectly cooked - perhaps the portion was a little understated. I would make a special journey to eat here again

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed May 27, 2016

A beautiful dining room in a handsome villa. First rate service as befits a two stars restaurant. I had the less expensive tasting menu with the sommelier's choice of wines. The food was first class and refined. Yet, not quite outstanding. That something special that will make your ears perk up and your taste buds sing was missing.

Date of visit: May 2016