“Great stay. Great room”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chigwell
UK
“Great stay. Great room”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was slightly worried after read last few reviews but I had a great stay last night. Was my first visit. Reception staff very friendly. Room was large, clean, fairly modern decor.Bed was very big and very comfy. Had both the harder and softer pillows too which I like. Bathroom was spacious and clean with great power shower head. Ate in restaurant and again happy with service and quality good. Didn't hear any noise at night and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do look forward to welcoming back when next you stay.

Stuart Friell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recently stayed at the Menzies Prince Regent as part of a wedding party which was taking place at the nearby police club and I have to say what an excellent stay we had. We chose to eat in the hotel on the first night and it was obvious that the waiting staff we coping as best they could with an extremely busy restaurant, the service was good albeit a little slow but the quality of food and the ambience more than compensated for it. Reception was efficient and went the extra mile arranging transport for our party. Our room was top notch with all the usual amenities you would expect. Breakfast on Sunday was busy but again the vast selection of food and great service all made for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read at that you had an enjoyable stay and I will certainly pass your kind comments on to all of my team at the hotel.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights with a baby. We asked for a quiet room and were given a nice room at the quiet back of the hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, room service was prompt and food fine.Happy to use the hotel again in future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

leeds,england
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay in this hotel for one night when visiting friends in Chigwell... Big mistake...

The room was small, the bed was small, the bathroom was adequate and they are the ok points

The bed was the most uncomfortable, soft bed with pillows to match.

The shower barely a trickle.

All the above for £80 .... Oh yes we did have breakfast. My husband ordered eggs benedict but they couldn't even get that right - it was eggs royal!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank charlieboychik
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was extremely disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We were not aware of any issues with regards to water pressure during the weekend and I have instructed my maintenance engineer to look in to the issues you have highlighted. I have also spoken with my chef with regards to the eggs Benedict that your husband ordered and I would like to apologise personally with regards to error in the order. I note from you review that you regularly visit the area and I would be pleased to hear from you when you next plan to visit Chigwell as I would be happy to make you accommodation arrangements personally for you.

I look forward to hearing from you

Stuart Friell

Travelers are raving about these Chigwell hotels

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the food was quite acceptable. However, I was not given the twin room I had booked and I therefore had to sleep on a sofa bed. I have slept in some uncomfortable places in my life but none as bad as this. I even considered the floor at one stage. My companion informed me the bed was little better.

The room may have been clean, but certainly didn't look it. The bathroom in particularly was looking very tired and uninviting.

Corridor doors were banging until the early hours.

I have the strong impression that the comfort of guests takes second place to the needs of the function rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Terry F
Dear Terry,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was disappointed that we could not allocate you a twin room when you recently stayed at the Menzies Prince Regent Hotel. We do our very best to accommodate our guests requests and I am certain had you brought this to the attention of my duty managers we would have allocated you a separate room with our compliments so as not to inconvenience you further. I do take your point with regards to noise within the corridor and having worked on the evening I know we had a late wedding party checking in, nevertheless I do concede that I could have done more to alleviate this issue.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Title says it all really, restaurant was ok, the food acceptable but the service was abysmal and seemed that management were clueless at best, we were pretty much ignored for most of the time we were there

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Feetal
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was sorry to hear that you experienced problems with the service in my restaurant and would very much like to hear from you directly so that I can address your findings with my team. I take our customer feedback extremely seriously and I look forward to hearing from you so that we can address the shortcomings you experienced.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Recently I had the pleasure in finding this little gem of a hotel in Chigwell. Me and my husband were attending a wedding at the hotel and decided to stay overnight. The room was particularly nice and modern and it was obvious from when we checked into the hotel that the staff were particularly proud of the recent refurbishment works. Our room had a volted ceiling and on speaking with the manager on check out he took time out to inform me of the history of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent and our waiter Russell deserve a special mention. We had a very enjoyable stay and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the chapel