“terrible give it a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Mooro's Chigwell

Mooro's Chigwell
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Chigwell
Cuisines: British, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Loughton, Essex
“terrible give it a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

definately not worth the effort. no atmosphere and service dire. food very overpriced and average quality. too big and too impersonal.

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

9 of us went last night to see a Luther Van Dross tribute act...he was fantastic, sounded just like him. The meal was average, but we all had such a great time we didnt really care. Lovely venue, nice staff, will definately go back.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank dollyrocker17
london
“so much potential..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Okay, I have been looking through these reviews and felt I had to give my honest opinion of Mooros as it seems to be getting a lot of bad press here. I have been there a few times now and indeed am going back there soon for my husbands birthday so it really cant be that bad!
Firstly the decor is fabulous, anyone who remembers the Epping Forest Country club will feel quite nostalgic when they enter just like I did, with the low ceilings and dimmed lighting I can still picture the club as it was back in the day! Anyway it has been completely re furbed like a kind of up market american diner, whenever I have been there it has been spotless throughout including the toilets. The football memorabilia on the wall is great for anyone who is into sports and the pictures of West Hams Bobby Moore is a nice touch. They have a huge tropical fish tank that glows pink and blue that look fantastic and is a really striking feature.
I had my hen night there for a seventies car wash night. There was about 20 of us, we all dressed up and got into the swing of things. The food was fine, buffet style and more than enough for everyone and a good selection. Drinks slightly expensive I thought, more like nightclub prices but the staff were all friendly enough. The DJ was really good and I liked the way they have made the area in front of the decks into a kind of dance floor. The only thing it was lacking was people!! There was another group of around 15 people and us and that was about it. It ended up fine as I was there with all my friends and we all had a good dance as the DJ was playing everything we requested.
I cant understand why this place doesn't attract more people. Its a really funky little venue. The food is good and the staff are nice and very accommodating. Maybe its down to their advertising I just don't know.
On another 2 occasions we have gone there for Sunday lunch which was really good except again for being empty.
I think everyone should give Mooros another chance, maybe they should invest a bit more money into their advertising to attract more crowds, like I said the place does have so much potential. Im going to give Mooros 4 stars as it could easily be very good and is certainly better than average. Maybe a 3.5 star would be more apt but I don't think I am allowed to do that!!
I am going up there again in April for my husbands birthday with some friends, its a cockney special night so I am expecting pie n mash and jellied eels all round!! I'm not expecting it to be packed out but would like to see a few more people up there this time. Fingers crossed!!
I will be back in April to let you know :)

• Visited September 2012
Essex
“Such a shame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I visited Mooro’s with a group of girls from work for our Christmas party.

I was initially impressed when we were greeted on arrival and shown to our table. It went downhill after that.

Our table was a booth with a circular table and then a long table pushed together to accommodate our group. Not a positive sign and not too comfortable for those sitting where the circular and long tables joined.

The food was due to be served at 7.45pm and was eventually served at 8.20pm. In total it was 2 hours to eat the meal as we were waiting for each course to be served. It was far too long between each course. Saying that, the food was surprisingly good and portions were OK.

There was a major issue with ordering drinks. The bar staff just didn’t seem to know what they were doing. Also, the waitress delivered an opened half bottle of water which we had to send back. The coke we ordered wasn’t actually coke, it was a cheap imitation and that also went back.

We paid £40 each for a Michael Buble tribute night and 3 course meal. I should point out that even a deaf person would have noticed that he did not sound like Michael Buble by all the mouths that fell open when he started to sing. He didn’t sound bad, but he didn’t sound like Buble; he did look like Del Boy though.

The tribute act started about 8pm and went on until about 9.30pm and then the DJ took over. But this was a big disappointment as the dance floor was up the opposite end of the venue.

We had no issues with empty booths as some of the other reviewers. Every booth was taken and the venue was packed.

The TV screens that play music videos are slightly too loud so you cannot hold a decent conversation.

I was disgusted at the toilets. Not one of them locked and the loo roll was left on the floor. I asked a stranger to hold my door shut and then returned the favour for her.

It such as shame as the venue is lovely inside and has a large capacity. So much more could be done here.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank pecanpie2205
High Ongar
“Oh dear”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

What a shame...this establishment misses the target at almost every level.
Food average. Service indifferent. Overpriced.
This is a place that seems desperate you recoup its investment and it shows.

• Visited July 2012