“Atrocious service - couldn’t care less”

The Black Toro (Windsor)
Reserve a Table
Ranked #71 of 129 Restaurants in Windsor
Description: The Black Toro Windsor is now open at 104 Chapel Street, Windsor, VIC 3181. Serving up modern Mexican restaurant in a stylish interior, you will get to enjoy all the favourite dishes from tacos, tostadas, ceviches and some classics from Glen Waverley too. If you prefer to leave it to us to decide your meal, try the “FEED ME” option where you’ll get to enjoy the best of the chef’s selection of dishes to share. The Black Toro Windsor also provides bottomless Frozen Margaritas, Mimosas and Bloody Marys on the weekends from 12pm – 6pm for $28 with full table participation.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good food but We had absolutely terrible service. Both waiters on the floor were inexperienced and didn’t know anything about the menu. Every question we asked they had to go back to the kitchen and check. Our sullen inexperienced waiter couldn’t even muster the energy to lean across the table to fill our water glasses, or say the occasional please/thank you. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed December 7, 2019 via mobile

Fresh , tasty, presentation, great service , lunch for 2 on a Saturday ..,tried prawn tostada wow , snapper ceviche so fresh so tasty highly recommended, fish tacos great and the Lamb just perfect fall apart .. and too top it off please please try the Tres leches cake it is simply divine on top of this we had fantastic service. I tried this restaurant as I had a voucher but will definitely return great spot excellent

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2019

A friendly welcome on arrival. Service was good - with great guidance on the menu.

The most amazing dishes:
* Kingfish Tostada - crispy tostada, lime cured kingfish, guacamole, toasted peanut slaw
* Pork Cochinita taco - soft corn tortilla, barbeque pork, pickled onion, hot sauce

I'm looking forward to going back and exploring more of the menu !

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 21, 2019

We decided upon this place rather by accident. Neither of us had any prior knowledge.

It was a weekday lunch and the place was nearly empty, which did surprise us.

The person serving us was very helpful, explaining the many menu items that we did not understand. We ordered a small serve sampling menu. We were not disappointed in any way. We managed to try a great variety of plates. Some were excellent, many were spicy. I think the fish tacos was my favourite.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019

The tastes and textures of the food were devine. Have been back a couple of times, it was that good. The short rib tacos are totally delicious, not huge tacos or portions, especially because the taste and texture leave you wanting more. Also loved the Prawn Tostada, once again, the flavours leave you wanting more. A little more filling and just as delicious was the Mushroom and Cheese Quesadilla. The Salsa Verde sauce on the top was superb and the total dish will have you coming back for more. I love mushrooms, and they offer Porcini Mushroom Doughnuts - totally savoury and totally delicious. You also have to try the Wood Grilled Corn, one of the best I have had. I think I will have to work my way through the menu, especially as I read some of the other reviews. Having lived in L.A. for many years it was not what I expected of a Mexican restaurant, it was even better.

Date of visit: August 2019