“Super value sarnies”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Rainton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A typical english village pub serving homecooked traditional food in a beautiful part of the countryside with close links to all major networks.
bradford
“Super value sarnies”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

In these days of vastly over-priced minimalistic fancy food how lovely it was to get value for money.

My wife and I had ham sarnies which consisted of 3 extra thick large slices of seeded brown bread stuffed to bursting with good quality off the bone ham at £4.50 a go.

Washed down with a fine pint of Black sheep and served by a very chatty, friendly, charismatic quirky bar maid. The locals were talkative also.

Would recommend bi problem.

• Visited August 2013

“Overnight joy”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Booked an overnight stay in the spacious car park without prior knowledge of where we were going with our motorhome, en route to Yorkshire Dales. Arrived earlier than expected to a warm welcome from the pubs spaniel who was determined not to allow us entry to the car park. Had to usher him to one side! On entering the pub we were greeted warmly, with a cheery park where you like when we enquired if where we had pulled up was ok. We were shown to the cosy lounge where we enjoyed a super shared fish platter and a pint of Black Sheep, all at a very reasonable price. No charge for the overnight stay, and a quiet night was just perfect.would recommend highly for their friendliness, courtesy and value for money. Not pretentious food but nicely presented!

• Visited May 2013
York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Sunday lunch & plenty of it, and great value!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family & I went to The Lamb Inn for Sunday lunch today - I have been before a couple of times and as usual it was superb!

We all had a starter (prawn cocktail, with fresh granary bread - my favourite) and I had roast lamb, followed by homemade white chocolate cheesecake which is very rich but to die for! We couldn't eat all the vegetables (4 different veg's) which come in large separate dishes as there was plenty of meat, 2 large Yorkshire puddings, and 3 huge roast potato's on the plate.

My mum is vegetarian and she had the butternut squash risotto which she said was delicious.

Thank you.

Excellent meal! Fantastic price! Will certainly go again next time I'm in Rainton.

Sharon

• Visited June 2013
Ashington, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Half way stop between Newcastle and Manchester and we didn't regret it. The sunday lunch was fab and the service was great!!

• Visited April 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Epic pie, you have to eat here”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

On our way back to Bristol following a trip to Newcastle we needed some food, what a find this was. Warm and welcoming, staff were excellent and the food... I have never seen a steak pie with so much meat in it! Everything we had was divine I would defiantly eat here again if up this way. Fantastic!