“Friendly welcome and will be back again!”

Greenfields Shooting Grounds
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Sturry
Reviewed July 7, 2018

I'm new to shooting and visited Greenfield's a few weeks ago for the 1st time. The staff in the shop were friendly and explained how to use the Claymate system to me beforehand. Enjoyed the 100+ I did, however no-one explained where all the stands were so I missed out on a few located out of the way. Facilities were good with a nice clubhouse to grab a beer afterwards. My only gripe is there is nowhere to place your gun at any of the stands when you need to get cartridges out of your range bag...if you have a shotgun costing over 3k its not nice laying it on concrete...will be back again though.....

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"clays"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Have come here on numerous occasions.
Targets are very good.Needs more seats around the course.Its a big ground..Some people commented on the shop rudeness.I have heard similar things going on through friends I shoot with..I found them ok when visited.Cafe was good food and welcoming.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

I visited greenfield to look at a new air rifle scope and enquired about the Airgun club but as soon as I entered the shop I felt unwelcome and as if I didn't fit. I did turn up in my work wears and was instantly looked up and down and ignored, not just by one employee but three. They walked past and didn't even acknowledge me even though I tried to get their attention. Only once I had hovered about for some time did someone come back out of the office to see what I wanted. He was very unhelpful and had no inclination to even try and sell me the scope I wanted. I also enquired about the airgun club to which he was very evasive, and to quote "it's nothing to do with us you will have to call someone from admin"
I went home very disappointed I couldn't spend my money locally so I ordered my new £300 scope online with next day delivery. And unfortunately by association, I probably won’t be using the air rifle club.

1  Thank widgetnutz
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

I have been there multiple times with a 10-year-old also and also three teenagers. The instructors are very friendly and patient. There are varied shooting options available. Everything you need is available to hire on site. There is a nice tearoom which does a good breakfast. Overall a great way to introduce young shooters to the sport.