“Next time I should turn in my Land Rover and tweed”

Greenfields Shooting Grounds
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Sturry
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

I visited greenfield to look at a new air rifle scope and enquired about the Airgun club but as soon as I entered the shop I felt unwelcome and as if I didn't fit. I did turn up in my work wears and was instantly looked up and down and ignored, not just by one employee but three. They walked past and didn't even acknowledge me even though I tried to get their attention. Only once I had hovered about for some time did someone come back out of the office to see what I wanted. He was very unhelpful and had no inclination to even try and sell me the scope I wanted. I also enquired about the airgun club to which he was very evasive, and to quote "it's nothing to do with us you will have to call someone from admin"
I went home very disappointed I couldn't spend my money locally so I ordered my new £300 scope online with next day delivery. And unfortunately by association, I probably won’t be using the air rifle club.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank widgetnutz

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

I have been there multiple times with a 10-year-old also and also three teenagers. The instructors are very friendly and patient. There are varied shooting options available. Everything you need is available to hire on site. There is a nice tearoom which does a good breakfast. Overall a great way to introduce young shooters to the sport.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Good morning at the range,give it go and shoot some clays. You can have breakfast there and drink with no problems parking.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Hog roast and 50 clays, the sun was blistering hot so the exposed stands were a bit difficult but it was great in the woodland stands. It was our first time here but it won't be our last. Great day10/10

Date of experience: July 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

We had yet again a very pleasant morning clay pigeon shooting at Greenfields yesterday in with a good variety of targets spread around this large and attractive venue.
The shop on site caters for most of any shooters needs and there is a cafe/bar where food and refreshments can be taken too.
This is very convenient as one can take guns inside without raising an eyebrow and much better than leaving them locked in a car if you want to have something to eat or drink after your visit here.
In my opinion, this is definitely one of the better places to shoot clays in Kent.

Date of experience: March 2017