“Will be back!”

Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I attended a wedding here in August being one of the bridesmaids I was there from the night before the wedding, we went for tea and drinks which was lovely! All the staff really couldn't of done enough for us that weekend. Would highly recommend anyone looking to get married there or just the stay the night as rooms were also lovely :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ladam29
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Ladam29
Thank you for a great review and a promised return - we look forward to seeing you again.
I'm grateful for your kind review and for you taking the time to share a great experience.
See you soon hopefully?

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Robbie Williams/Michael Buble were the tribute acts on 27/9/13, we had another great night from start to finish. There were 6 of us and we were luckily sitting beside 3 nice ladies and despite being under the speaker on table 1 we still managed to have a conversation, although I woke next day to a very croaky throat with all the shouting - not sure what can be done to help that, 4 seats directly under speakers didn't seem happy, table at other side of stage was the same when we sat there once. Meal was 3 course and lovely, I would prefer not to have soup personally but was nice, some people didn't think the main course had enough on the plate but am sure most enjoyed and whilst I personally struggle to eat 3 courses and don't alway manage a sweet - not a bad thing :), I did (just) and felt fine especially with plenty of dancing to work it off. Have no complaints with hotel, the room was nice, smallest I'd been in at this hotel, it was not small and fine for 1 night (212). Breakfast next morning was buffet with plenty to choose from and very good with 3 choices of egg preparations, first time we've seen that anywhere and the layout for juice, etc had changed giving more room to move. We only had 1 thing or person to be precise spoil the night - don't know why but that's not the hotels fault. We are booked for one of the xmas tribute nights and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Anne C
Thank you for coming to one of our Tribute Shows and I am pleased that you had a good time.
I would also like to thank you for complimenting our breakfast, which we work hard at to try and deliver an exceptional choice. I am pleased that you enjoyed it.
I hope that we can see you again at one of our future shows?

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My company booked this hotel for me for 2 nights, I found the hotel to be friendly enough, comfortable and pleasant throughout. I had to settle my own bill and claim it back hence knowing the cost and I have to say it is very expensive.
I ate at luigi's on the first night which is the Italian which is part of the hotel and found it to be on the better side of acceptable but not fantastic. I went into Aberdeen the second night.
Breakfast on the other hand was better than other hotels in Aberdeen with a wide selection and good quality products
I would definitely stay there again.......as long as I was not paying!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dave P
Thank you for a great review.....and I do take note of your expensive frustration. I agree with you on that point. Bedrooms in Aberdeen during the week can be as expensive as London, but I assure you that we do our very best to deliver a quality service superior to other hotels in other city's. I am pleased that you have received this.
I would like to say that our restaurant operations by comparison to other 4 star hotels in Aberdeen are actually much more keenly priced and do offer exceptional value compared to other hotels.
Breakfast - I stayed in London myself recently - 3 different hotels and all more expensive than Aberdeen's hotels. What I remembered most sadly was terrible breakfast at inflated prices. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast here. I challenge my team here daily with my 'London' story and I'm pleased to say they never let me down in delivering an exceptional breakfast.
I hope that we will see you again and help let you give that expenses account a battering !

Best regards

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Dined in luigis Italian on Monday 16th of September as a table of 6 and the food and service was nothing but first class. We dine here every 3 months and it just keeps getting better and better. the supervisor on duty and staff should be proud of themselfs for all the hard work they do. Thanks again luigis we will be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Gavin 1900
Thanks for your continued custom and for a great Luigi's review. I am delighted that you have taken the time to share your views with others.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We attended a wedding on 14th September and had a really enjoyable experience. The staff were attentive and very helpful. The food was excellent Roast beef to die for and our room was actually very comfortable. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear AGall58
Thank you for a great review and for staying with us. I'm delighted you enjoyed the beef amongst other things.
Hopefully we will see you again in Westhill?

Best regards

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed three nights stay at this hotel and we believe that it comfortably places itself as the front runner for its accommodation category :

1. `Round-the-clock` Polite, understanding, helpful and enthusiastic staff.
2. Modern and well planned building layout, sufficient parking, efficient rooms with good quality fixtures and fittings.
3. Comprehensive amenities throughout and a pleasant set of shops opposite the hotel.
4. Excellent breakfast facility and themed restaurants - Fabulous Menu choice prepared to a high level....The Sunday evening specials board - `all-you-can-eat` carvery has to be experienced, the meats, veg etc were cooked to perfection and at under a `tenner` per head (kids free) - whether you`re a resident or calling in for a meal ...book early for the carvery!
5. Excellent location...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Red600Man
What can I say except thank you for a great review! I'm delighted that you have rated us so highly, and I assure you that everyone in the team here is grateful for your glowing feedback.
I hope that we will see you again?

Reviewed August 28, 2013

It takes an awful lot for me to rate a hotel as five star but I do for HI Aberdeen West; without reservation. From the sparkling receptionists who went the extra mile to help - through to the servers in the bar and restaurants and smiling housekeeping staff - this was a superb experience. Good training shows and here it absolutely shone through! A great team effort.

Ample parking, generous complimentary gift packs on arrival, clean, well appointed rooms and public areas, selection of toiletries, safe, mini-bar, iron and board, air conditioning, dressing gowns, choice of eating and drinking places.... I could go on. And a superb deal considering we were only staying one night.

We also saw the professional way in which they catered for an arriving wedding (so the red carpet wasn't for us then guys?).

Next time I'm in Aberdeen I won't think of looking anywhere else. No wonder this is the number one HI in Europe!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mike
Thank your for such a great review - all of the team here are delighted with your feedback. Your detailed feedback helps others choose us, and I am really grateful for your recommendations and future return.(stay longer next time!?)
In the meantime, thanks again and kind regards.

Bill Burnett

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Ibis Aberdeen Centre
Ibis Aberdeen Centre
#14 of 65 in Aberdeen

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!