Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewstribute nighthalloween ballsunday carveryevents managerwedding receptionfunction roomdance floorwedding venueparty nightspecial thanksgreat nightlounge barfantastic hotellovely mealaberdeen areabreakfast was excellentduty manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a juggling fire performer, playing shows at multiple places around Aberdeenshire, and for the first time, I have felt valued as a performer!
Upon arrival we were directed the man in charge( Colin Gunn ) and from there, he very kindly took us to a room to leave our equipment and get changed. This room just happened to be the business conference room rather than some small back cupboard. We were made to feel extremely valued for appearing and they attended to our every need, As a society we would gladly come perform for the establishment again if asked!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Chris S
Thank you for taking the time to leave some great feedback. I'm really pleased to have you highlight for others that our care and attention is not just limited to our guests.
As a performer we need your help in creating a great guest experience and I am grateful for your support of our team and to our guests through your own professionalism.
Keep up the good work - and always keep a cold glass of water nearby!
Best regards

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had our wedding here in June and could not fault anything. The service from the minute we booked our reception in 2009 until our room check out the morning after our big day was fantastic. Elaine makes you feel at ease anytime you want to meet with her. Everything on the day worked like clockwork. The ball room was gorgeous, the food was amazing, the atmosphere was brilliant all day.

It was such a great day For us and our guests that my step sister has actually booked her reception here for in October.

We look forward to going back for our anniversary meal in June, if not sooner.

Thank you Elaine and the team, u helped to make our wedding day amazing

Kayleigh & Fraser Skene

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear KayleighSkene
Thank you to you and Fraser for choosing the hotel for your special day and thank you also for posting some great feedback about us on Tripadvisor.
I'm delighted that we've truly made your day special and I'm pleased that we will be looking after your family again this year.
Have a great anniversary meal in June and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel!! Amazing staff, very friendly and helpful. Food was absolutely outstanding!! Was a wedding we were at and the day went perfect and the hotel was beautiful, went without a hitch!! Very good room for small to large wedding!!

Bedrooms were very modern and bed was soooooooo comfy!! Big and spacious! Breakfast was second to none, salmon etc was really lovely, help yourself style.

Not too handy for city centre if you were needing into town although a bus will take you there!

Lovely hotel, one of the best!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear kimdgd10
Thank you for a great review on the hotel and our wedding reception expertise. I'm delighted that you've had a great time here with us.
I am delighted to echo your view of us as being one of the best - we are the current European Holiday Inn Hotel of the Year - your sentiments are extremely accurate and I'm really pleased that our service has demonstrated this to you.
Best regards

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have returned from my third stay here. I really look forward to being here when I'm in Aberdeen on business. The food in both Luigi's and the bar is excellent. Breakfast is varied and plentiful. Last time after a light supper of soup and a roll all I wanted was a hot chocolate and something sweet. There were no muffins or cakes on the menu but the waitress went off and found me a small pack of shortbread. That really is customer service for you. The rooms are clean and comfortable and temperature controlled. I love the bathrooms as they are very modern and shiny clean just like my own at home. Check in and out is always quick and easy. I thoroughly recommend this hotel when on business near this part of town.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear MaggieBourke
Thank you for your stays at the hotel, and for taking the time to give us some excellent feedback on Tripadvisor. It's always great for me to read about how our service delivery impresses our guests, and its extremely generous of you to share this for others benefit.
Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you on future stays to make your time here even more enjoyable.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Rooms aren't huge but a nice size and equipped with modern facilities. Food in both restaurants are excellent. Service here is very professional and of a high standard. It's also has a M&S food store and excellent Chinese restaurant (Yan) opposite. It's been a pleasure to stay here compared to other Aberdeen hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Jsteinberg100
Thank you for taking the time to review us so highly on Tripadvisor.
I'm very grateful for your open candid comments and your strong recommendation.
I hope we will see you again in Westhill.