“Brilliant”

Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had our wedding here in June and could not fault anything. The service from the minute we booked our reception in 2009 until our room check out the morning after our big day was fantastic. Elaine makes you feel at ease anytime you want to meet with her. Everything on the day worked like clockwork. The ball room was gorgeous, the food was amazing, the atmosphere was brilliant all day.

It was such a great day For us and our guests that my step sister has actually booked her reception here for in October.

We look forward to going back for our anniversary meal in June, if not sooner.

Thank you Elaine and the team, u helped to make our wedding day amazing

Kayleigh & Fraser Skene

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear KayleighSkene
Thank you to you and Fraser for choosing the hotel for your special day and thank you also for posting some great feedback about us on Tripadvisor.
I'm delighted that we've truly made your day special and I'm pleased that we will be looking after your family again this year.
Have a great anniversary meal in June and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel!! Amazing staff, very friendly and helpful. Food was absolutely outstanding!! Was a wedding we were at and the day went perfect and the hotel was beautiful, went without a hitch!! Very good room for small to large wedding!!

Bedrooms were very modern and bed was soooooooo comfy!! Big and spacious! Breakfast was second to none, salmon etc was really lovely, help yourself style.

Not too handy for city centre if you were needing into town although a bus will take you there!

Lovely hotel, one of the best!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear kimdgd10
Thank you for a great review on the hotel and our wedding reception expertise. I'm delighted that you've had a great time here with us.
I am delighted to echo your view of us as being one of the best - we are the current European Holiday Inn Hotel of the Year - your sentiments are extremely accurate and I'm really pleased that our service has demonstrated this to you.
Best regards

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have returned from my third stay here. I really look forward to being here when I'm in Aberdeen on business. The food in both Luigi's and the bar is excellent. Breakfast is varied and plentiful. Last time after a light supper of soup and a roll all I wanted was a hot chocolate and something sweet. There were no muffins or cakes on the menu but the waitress went off and found me a small pack of shortbread. That really is customer service for you. The rooms are clean and comfortable and temperature controlled. I love the bathrooms as they are very modern and shiny clean just like my own at home. Check in and out is always quick and easy. I thoroughly recommend this hotel when on business near this part of town.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear MaggieBourke
Thank you for your stays at the hotel, and for taking the time to give us some excellent feedback on Tripadvisor. It's always great for me to read about how our service delivery impresses our guests, and its extremely generous of you to share this for others benefit.
Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you on future stays to make your time here even more enjoyable.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Rooms aren't huge but a nice size and equipped with modern facilities. Food in both restaurants are excellent. Service here is very professional and of a high standard. It's also has a M&S food store and excellent Chinese restaurant (Yan) opposite. It's been a pleasure to stay here compared to other Aberdeen hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Jsteinberg100
Thank you for taking the time to review us so highly on Tripadvisor.
I'm very grateful for your open candid comments and your strong recommendation.
I hope we will see you again in Westhill.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

On arrival you are immediately greeted with the many awards this Hotel has won. It is immaculate through out. The restaurant we ate in was well organized with very attentive yet friendly informal staff.
We ordered an Angus Burger and Smoked Salmon Panini. Both were excellent.
The team at Holiday Inn Westhill make this Hotel what it is. Long may it continue.
A perfect venue for a business and pleasure.
I am looking forward to our next visit already.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Michael B
Thank you taking the time to review the hotel through Tripadvisor. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular for reflecting upon how much the team here have contributed to our awards success.
We do try hard to surpass our guests expectations and I am delighted that you will be staying with us again when you next choose to visit Aberdeen.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My room was very comfortable and clean ( if a tad on the small side) with a very comfortable bed.
The furniture was generally modern and in good condition with the exception of an old, battered and stained ex-restaurant table that someone in the hotel team had decided was just right to put in the room.
They were wrong about this. It took up a lot of the very little free floor space, looked a real eyesore, was totally the wrong size to use for any purpose and detracted considerably from the rooms usability.
The bathroom was excellent and very clean.
Breakfast and dinner were both good with excellent service.
My only real problem with the hotel was that it was so uncomfortably cold - not just my bedroom, but also the bar, reception and dining room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear EV97
I am sorry to read of your dissappointment following your recent stay with us. As a result of your review I would like to assure you that I have ascertained which bedroom that you stayed in, and have remedied the items that you pointed out.
Heating around the hotel is centrally controlled and I assure you not knowingly allowed to drop to 'cold' levels at any time. My duty managers constantly monitor the lounge and restaurant areas and if they have failed to notice a sustained lack of heat I do offer you my apologies.
If you are staying at the hotel again in the future, please ask for me personally and I will be happy to apologise for our shortfalls on this occassion personally.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good drinks reception with plenty canapes and bubbly, very good and plentyful food for dinner complemented by efficient service. Very keenly priced cosy room for the night. Truly spoiled for breakfast with more bubbly. Fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Antony B
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Antony B
Thank you for an excellent review following your Hogmanay stay with us. I'm glad you had an excellent stay and an enjoyable glass of bubbly at breakfast too. Happy New Year all over !
Best regards
Bill Burnett

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Ibis Aberdeen Centre
Ibis Aberdeen Centre
#14 of 65 in Aberdeen

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!