Popped into the Westhill hotel for a lunch on Friday.Glad we weren't in a hurry! The head waiter/ manager who greeted us was lovely and showed us to a table. Our drink order was taken and we saw it heading our way within a decent amount of time, but oh dear! The disinterested waitress appeared to be mute as it was plopped on the table she never uttered one word.
We checked out the menu to see what we wanted to eat and then waited for a visit from one of about 4 staff who passed by our table but time passed and no attention was to be had. The mute waitress shuffled past apparently too tired to lift her feet properly to walk! We began to think we might be invisible and debated just leaving to go to the excellent Chinese across the road where the staff are well trained and nice people who smile and talk to their customers.
Then a lovely girl turned up and asked if we had ordered- No, but this is what we would like please!!
The food duly arrived and it was very good indeed.
Nice surroundings and the staff we did speakwere great, just bad organisation. Serve customers before clearing tables , at lunchtime folk may be in a hurry.Oh and get rid of the one who can't be bothered to talk to you!
Don't think we'll bother again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen West* European Holiday Inn Hotel of the Year 2012* Scottish Brand Hotel of the Year 2011,2012,2013Centrally loacted in Westhill (Surf City) and ideally located only 10-minutes drive from Aberdeen City Centre and Aberdeen International Airport. Prime Four Business Park at Kingswells and the Westhill Business Park are all within easy reach of the hotel. This is a modern and stylish hotel offering the very best and latest in Holiday Inn standards and facilities. The hotel boasts cutting edge concepts in design, comfort and technology for todays modern traveller. 86 Comfortable bedrooms are all equipped to the very highest standard, including 42"flat screen TV's, in-room safes,complimentary Wi-Fi high speed fibre optic internet access and air conditioning. The hotel is serviced by a 24-hour food and beverage operation that includes a Luigi's Italian Restaurant, the relaxing Glentanar Lounge Bar, Scots Corner themed bar, 24-hour Room Service and a full conference and banqueting facility. The hotel also has a fully equipped gymnasium, sauna facility and beauty salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Aberdeen West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen West Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen West Westhill, Scotland