I stayed here for one night to meet family from the station next morning. Just outside Aberdeen centre, the price was reasonable for somewhere basic to sleep and eat. Welcome was friendly enough and rooms were clean and comfortable. The adjacent Shepherd’s Rest pub acts as the hotel dining room, so it’s a convenient place to buy dinner. Eating on my own, with nothing to read, I found the service a bit slow. I tried to use their wi-fi but so much information was needed to register for 30 minutes free that I gave up. I don’t know why they can’t just give you simpler free access as you would only be in there as a customer really. Food was good quality and hot when it arrived.
After a few days of hot weather, my room was pretty warm and the wall-mounted “air conditioning” control showed 25.5 degrees. After unsuccessful attempts to turn it down I asked at reception and was told it only controlled the heater and there was no cooling system – just the portable fan on the dressing table. That really did nothing to reduce temperature but the hotel offered to replace the quilt with thin sheets. I had to keep the window open but this made outside noise more noticeable and people leaving the Shepherd’s Rest were quite noisy in the car park. Some other guests were talking loudly outside the entrance for some time and I went down to complain to reception at about 1:40. To the hotel’s credit, they honoured their Good Night Guarantee and refunded my room charge without fuss but I could have used the sleep more after a day’s driving.
Breakfast in the Shepherd’s Rest was very good. Friendly, helpful staff and a reasonable price for good quality cooked food to order. There was also hot porridge, a range of cereals, juices, rolls, toast etc..
Tips: I would advise anyone trying to find the hotel with Sat Nav to enter the latitude and longitude from Premier Inn’s booking e-mail as the post code in my TomTom did not take me to the right place. If you need any shopping there’s a large Tesco just around the corner from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business or pleasure, or a combination of the two with a round of golf? Whatever the reason for your visit, Premier Inn Hotel Aberdeen Westhill puts everything on your doorstep, including business parks, international markets and excellent transport links. Visit the seat of the chief of Clan Irvine at the imposing Drum Castle. Or take your seat for some thrilling action at Union Square cinema complex. Have a round of golf at Westhill, or spend time strolling around the seasonal market held in Aberdeen city centre every three months. Then come back to the hotel for a bite to eat at our Belhaven restaurant, and a great night's sleep in our comfy beds. Directions: Situated along the A944 to Alford, situated next to Tesco. Next to the Shepherd's Rest. Transport and local information: Hazelhead Park Crathes Castle Gardens Aberdeen Train Station 8 miles Aberdeen Airport 7 miles Aberdeen Ferry 8 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel Aberdeen
- Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel Scotland