“Premier Inn Standard”

Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This particular Premier Inn is well located for the local Industrial Estates and associated businesses, and this reflects in the cliental most frequenting it. The location is near to a regular bus service in to Aberdeen and walking distance of the Industrial Estate
The reception staffs were friendly, helpful and efficient in greeting me and checking me in, even to the extent of bringing an Ironing board and iron to my room. The guaranteed sleep well policy was explained and directions to my room given. You definitely had the feeling that nothing was too much trouble. The late night staff seemed to be there under duress!!

The room was clean, well laid out and even spacious. Good light blocking curtains and good TV/Coffee making facilities available. The bed was firm but comfortable, and provided a good night’s sleep.

The bathroom facilities were clean, towels provided and soap/shampoo dispensers near the show and sink. The shower was excellent, good flow of hot water and shower curtain on a rail bending outwards, nice touch to provide more space in the shower! The bath was very clean and well maintained.

Breakfast was served next door in the Pub/restaurant; the facilities were good, with friendly staff greeting and explanation on breakfast procedure. Usual spread of Fruit, cereal yoghurts etc. complimented by hot breakfast to order if required. My only criticism would be the commencement time of 7 am, for a hotel next to Industrial estate and offices employed in the Oil and Gas sector (8 am business meetings in particular), an earlier breakfast commencement time would have been appreciated.

Good night’s sleep, friendly staff, basic amenities and clean facilities what more can one ask for from a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such fabulous feedback regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. My team really enjoy receiving such positive feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. Although the restaurant does not belong to us they are still very interested in our guests feedback and were equally thrilled to see you enjoyed your dining with them and they would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with them.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

When I travel to Aberdeen Westhill, there really is a pretty limited selection of hotels. The Premier is very close and convenient walking distance to my office and near the market where I can buy snacks or other items I may have forgotten to pack. I have stayed about a half dozen times in the past couple of years. Not a vacation spot, but clean, basic. People are helpful. Never had broken or missing stuff in the room. Next door restraraunt is close convenient and pretty fair priced. Food is pretty good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay here at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here with us and have happily passed on your comments to the manager of the restaurant next door . Thank you again and look forward to seeing you in the near future

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently stayed at the Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill and were disappointed with our stay. We were disgusted to find that the towels in the shower had stains on them from a previous guest. Our young son very nearly dried his face with it. Having clean towels in a room is a basic for any hotel. We did complain and were presented with 'clean' towels. I had to return one of these towels as it was stained with a large black mark. This is unacceptable standards!

We had booked in for two nights and after having my premier breakfast on the first morning we cancelled the following day's breakfast as it was not cooked properly the first time. My veggie sausages were not cooked in the middle and my egg was not cooked in places. It appears as if my sausages and hash browns had been deep fried and they were all mushy in the middle. It also tasted very oily/greasy. I have had the same premier breakfast cooked for me in the Premier Inn Shrewsbury and it was delicious. The breakfast at the Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill was a let down due to how it was cooked.

The Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill has a restaurant which is situated next door to it called 'The Shepherds's Rest' which is where Premier Inn guests go for any meals that they have booked. We returned a dessert which was served on an extremely hot plate which resulted in my cheesecake going all runny. Apparently this was a hot pudding which it did not state in the menu and we were very disappointed with it especially after it cost nearly £5.00. When my husband took it back he was informed by Darren ( a rather rude individual) that it was our fault because we took it to our room. I ordered cheesecake and it never stated it would be hot. It certainly should never have been served on a hot plate. The dessert just looked awful. My husband asked for a refund and was told 'No!' by Darren. What lovely, polite staff, NOT!!!

One other point that we would like to highlight is that just because this hotel can charge over a hundred and twenty pounds for a room due to the oil industry does not mean that they should. It is grossly overcharging for accommodation that other people pay half the price for.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann D
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Ann D at Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion you were let down by cleanliness issues. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused with the service you received in the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be passed on to Restaurant’s Manager as it is not owned by Whitbread Restaurants. Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously as it enables us to improve standards.
Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Booked 3 rooms in this hotel as it was conveniently close to where we were having a family party. The rooms were basic but spacious and comfortable. One of the family rooms had a strong smell of smoke but as there were no other rooms available the receptionist said they would open a window and put in an air freshener.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Yvonne D thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here with us at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn.
I am sorry to read that you experienced problems with your stay here with us.
At Premier Inn all of our rooms are non smoking rooms and they have been since the smoking band was introduced in the UK and I am sorry to read you have felt your room has been smoked in. We take this no smoking policy very seriously and would never knowingly allow any guest to smoke within our premises.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here with us. The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed April 6, 2013

March was cold and snowy. The staff made our visit warm and welcoming. We stayed for a week and were treated like family. Everyone on the staff was more than eager to help us with every question we had, including places to eat, areas to visit and things to see. We are hoping to return again in the summer. Home is Houston, TX so the cooler weather will feel good then!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear ALBONN7603 thank you very much for taking time to leave us a feedback. We are always delighted when our guests are leaving Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill HAPPY and are thinking about coming back to stay with us again. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service. My Team and I are looking forward to your next visit here in Scotland.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night with our young family - son aged 3 and daughter 11months. Room was very clean, spacious and child-friendly. The cot and child's bed were all made up and ready for us and everything looked like new.

The room was quiet and backout blinds excellent ensuring kids slept well. The non-slip bath made bathtime a safe experience.

The breakfast also had lots of healthy options for the kids and the adults enjoyed the premier breakfast too!

The staff at reception were very friendly and approachable.

All in all, was a great place to stay with the little ones.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hill06 I want to thank you for giving us feedback on your recent stay here with us at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn.

I was happy to read that you found our rooms clean and spacious and staff friendly.

The restaurant next door was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your freshly cooked breakfast and that they were able to offer healthy options for kids.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn the next time you visit Aberdeen.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Maybe there should be pre-determined categories for hotels, because I find it impossible to give this big 5s like lots of previous reviewers. Folks, it's a Premier Inn. It's a budget hotel. It has pretty well no facilities, certainly no luxuries, so let's get real. It does what it says it will do, within its clear limits. It's less expensive than most hotels in Aberdeen, but that's hardly difficult, nor is it cheap. Friendly, yes, but once you've checked in and paid, you have little or no interaction with the staff. Why would you? You're scarcely going to get them to book you a limousine, or get you entrance to some snobby night club. I think I've made my point here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Richard L I would like to thank you for reviewing your recent stay here with us at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn.

As you say we are a Premier Inn and as such we guarantee our guests clean comfortable rooms and friendly efficient service.
Our staff are more than willing to help with any queries or problems you may have including the booking of tables or taxis should you require them to do so.

Rooms in Aberdeen can be very expensive and we pride ourselves on being very competetive in the hotel market.
Once again thank you for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Hampton By Hilton Aberdeen Westhill
Village Hotel Aberdeen
Village Hotel Aberdeen
#24 of 65 in Aberdeen
Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel? Share your experiences!