Staying in Westhill means you avoid the stags and hen parties that swamp the city centre hotels and the crushing bores that frequent the golf and spa places in the country. It is an anonymous hotel and if that is what you want then this is the place for you. Ideal for families where the contintenal breakfast is a fine start to the day and if you need to use the Shepherds Rest Whitbred pub next door (owners of Premier Inn) then that too is fine for what a family needs.
The one downside to this hotel is the absolutely next to useless Wi-fi. Premier Inn give you a free 30 minutes per day of stay which is ususally ok but here, as the connection is so poor it is hardly enough time to download a few emails. You can pay £3 a day to connect but again as the connection is so slow, poor and unreliable, I chose not to and instead just used the wi-fi hotspots in the city to update. When are hotel chains like this going to learn include a decent wi-fi in the hotel price and it would give them the edge over the competition.
The alternative hotel in Westhill is the Holiday Inn which is a fine hotel. There was five adults in our party and we stayed for three nights during this visit over Hogmanny and the Holiday Inn wanted silly money for staying there then so the Premier Inn was a no brainer really.
Quick note to say the beds, linen and pillows were all very comfortable and noise levels were very good.
Overall a great place for a family to stay away from the city. We recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business or pleasure, or a combination of the two with a round of golf? Whatever the reason for your visit, Premier Inn Hotel Aberdeen Westhill puts everything on your doorstep, including business parks, international markets and excellent transport links. Visit the seat of the chief of Clan Irvine at the imposing Drum Castle. Or take your seat for some thrilling action at Union Square cinema complex. Have a round of golf at Westhill, or spend time strolling around the seasonal market held in Aberdeen city centre every three months. Then come back to the hotel for a bite to eat at our Belhaven restaurant, and a great night's sleep in our comfy beds. Directions: Situated along the A944 to Alford, situated next to Tesco. Next to the Shepherd's Rest. Transport and local information: Hazelhead Park Crathes Castle Gardens Aberdeen Train Station 8 miles Aberdeen Airport 7 miles Aberdeen Ferry 8 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel Aberdeen
- Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel Scotland