“Good food, alternative menu”
Review of Taste Of India

Taste Of India
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Westhill
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are proud to bring you the epitome of Northern Indian fine dining, Taste of India. Nestled within the Westhill shopping centre, guests are invited to experience idyllic tranquillity that stands apart from the everyday urban lives. Taste of India offers a more sophisticated dining experience accompanied by authentic North Indian Cuisine with time-honoured recipes and exotic flavours to arouse the palate and delight the senses the way it was offered to the Royalties of India from the days of old.Taste of India just makes a great place for good evenings with a few drinks and food with friends and family, but also an ideal space for corporate events and parties. We offer a selection of wines that do give the palette an enjoyable union when consumed with Indian cuisine. Thanks to our award winning Head Chef Mr. Pillai who has served his time In flagship restaurants in India, Dubai and London and aims to serve his exquisite cuisine to our community and customers in Westhill.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Having read the reviews already posted I feel I want to add my two pennies worth in it's defence. We have ordered take away several times from this restaurant since it reopened and always been happy with the food. Yes the menu is a bit different to the standard format but for us we felt that makes a nice change to be offered something a bit different. The food that we have had so far has tasted freshly cooked from scratch. We've had no problems with food being cold but we've always gone to collect. A comment on portion size - my personal opinion is that for once here is a restaurant serving the right size portion as usually restaurants give you far more than you can eat, my husband (curry addict, who would eat it every night of the week given the choice) argues that there is no such thing as too much curry! I guess the problem is when you compare volume of portion size vs price relative to other restaurants in Aberdeen but that shouldn't put you off and I'd happily recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank ASL31

Reviewed May 6, 2014

you can give a try...completely Asian taste
feel bit of Bengali and Pakistani taste
rest the food is good

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I had already enjoyed a take away from this restaurent so were keen to try a meal there. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the whole visit was faultless, from the service and pleasant atmosphere through to the delicious food. Will certainly be back and would definitely recommend you try it.

1  Thank Lorna G
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were there last night for a meal and we both were very impressed with the meal, the food was beautiful and didn't have to wait very long for each courses. We will definitely be back again:)

1  Thank kirriewirrie
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was very disappointed when the nearby Amaya closed down. However, that was short lived when I discovered that the Taste of India was being revamped from a takeaway to a roper restaurant. We have been around 5 times since it opened and I must say that it is a great addition to the Westhill menu choice. They have a few different things available (i.e. Yucca chips - which are much better than they sound?) and everything seems to be well cooked and presented. The only issue would seem to be service, which on a Friday?Saturday can be a bit patchy due to the need to service the takeaway orders as well. Anyway, I am happy to forgive that due to the great food that they put in front of you and the good news is that things are clearly improving. My only other gripe would be the lack of draught beer, but they seem to now have big bottles of Cobra, which kind of makes up for it.

1  Thank MikeySkiBoy