“Food overpriced under cooked , no taste”
Review of Shepherds Rest

Shepherds Rest
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Westhill
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Belhaven Pub, serving fresh food and drinks daily., AB32 6HF
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Well have walked along road to shepherds rest for forth time in 6 years as every time I have been told its has changed and better , well it's worse , went there last week I ordered jumbo haddock and my wife ordered a salad , big portion for me but fish had no taste and was clear glazed not nice and white , absolute crap , my wife's salads was leaves and a few little bits in it , no taste no dressing , I won't be wasting my money ever again there , though it would have been sorted out by now , if your in westhill go to chineese or holiday inn much better and staff nice there

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Sunny day therefore sat outside for lunch - pleasant location however this was the only positive to be found. The quality of the food was very poor - the 'hand-battered haddock' was more batter than fish and the watery texture of the fish would indicate it was frozen. The chips were undercooked and greasy.

No friendly welcome apparent - although the bar staff were polite and efficient there was no eye contact or friendly smile and barely a thank you when paying the bill. The waiter who served our starter was sullen and slow and was barely able to communicate however the waitress who served our main course was polite and pleasant.

Overall a very poor dinning experience.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on Sunday afternoon for lunch as we were in the area.

We ordered the house platter to share between the 3 of us which was nice when it arrived however it was very greasy at some parts of it.

I had the steak pie and my companions had burgers with multiple toppings and Chipolte Sauce.

My steak pie was terrible. The beef was very fatty and very chewy and the gravy was far too overpowered with Ale. I explained to the waitress and she apologised and offered me a fresh one but I was hungry and decided to eat the pastry and chips. Upon return she explained that she had removed it from my bill and apologised again making me think this wasn't the first complaint about it. They boys enjoyed their burgers and overall the experience was nice. Just ashame the food on my behalf let it down. I will go back though. I never write a place off completely.

The waitress (Jemma) was lovely: she totally looked after us and was very attentive.

Worth a try if you like your traditional reheated pub grub.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I went to the Shepherds Rest for lunch a few weeks ago. It was the first time in a long time.
I ordered a burger and was surprised to see that so many options were offered, normally a cheese burger is a cheese burger and that's it. This was offered as a choice of burgers, choice of toppings, choice of sauce and a choice of side dish, My wife got a spicy lasagne which she thought was very good and nice and fresh.
The menu offered a choice of tasty made to order food. Exactly why the previous reviewer thought the food was frozen and inedible I do not know, obviously made his mind up before he came through the door. The service was also efficient and friendly.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Met friend for lunch here, but it was very disappointing. Usual array of frozen food waiting to be reheated. Good ambience and staff, but food is bordering on inedible in my opinion. Sorry.