“Great service and lovely food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garlogie Inn

Garlogie Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Westhill
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great service and lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We have driven past the Garlogie Inn many times en route to visit various castles etc but decided today to go in for lunch. We received a warm welcome from the friendly waiting staff and were shown to our table and offered drinks.

The menu had a good choice, I am quite a fussy eater and usually end up taking the one thing on a menu I like but was extremely happy to find 6 or 7 options I would have enjoyed - it was great to choose my meal instead of having to take something for the sake of it.

Kids menus had good safe kiddie options, and portion sizes were perfect for our two children.

The food was delicious, service was extremely friendly and the lovely homely / local pub type atmosphere all contributed to an enjoyable visit. Particularly liked the old pictures of the building and (I'm assuming) old family pics of owners/residents.

Will most definately be back!

• Visited August 2013
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
"driven past but never been in " where have you been? we have been here for 27 years ha,no seriously thank you for your positive review and the whole team look forward to your future visits...just remember not to drive past !!!!

aberdeen
“Good Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very good home made food, from starters, mains and sweets. A variation of choice for all pallets. We have been on several occasions and can not fault the food, service from Nick and the staff are well worth a visit you wont be disappointed.

Angie & Colin.

• Visited August 2013
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for the very positive review and we look forward to your next visit..
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit - Traditional Pub Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

One evening we took to plunge to visit the Inn (places a lot closer to us). When booking I was survrised to hear they took last orders at 7pm (that's what she said) although once there this didn't seem to be the case.
First Impressions were good and initial service was good. Thereafter the service was not up to standard. Seemed to mostly be staffed by yourgsters who struggled to do anything other than take the order, deliver the food, then back off. I note a previous comment from the owner regarding feeding back info to his staff. This is all very well assuming they come to your table. I was desperate for another drink but didn't have the oppertunity to order-up. Despite girls attending to two people at the door of the conservatory, they just didn't try to make eye contact with us. I'd rather do without than shout, or walk thru to the bar....

Food was OK, but, the chicken I had in my curry was very dry. I suspect not cooked to order (added to a gravy), rather coming from a larger, pre-cooked pot - whatever it wasn't great. Sorry if I seem harsh here but this is the difference between edible and worth coming back for.

Finally, having read some of the responses within..... I am not too impressed. No need for (!!) marks which indicates you disagree. Rather not to respond at all.
Won't be back as a result.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bil1965
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for posting a review..i can only apologise that the service was not up to your standards on this occasion..Firstly can i point out that we serve evening meals until 8.30 pm and all day Sundays until 8 pm ,so why you where told 7 pm is slightly confusing ! My staff or youngsters as you refare to them are all very hard working and i believe really enjoy working in the service industry so why you feel that you where not given the service that our valued customers expect from Garlogie is very disappointing...
Aberdeen Scotland
“Home cooking just like your mother made but better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Have been to The Garlogie Inn many times as the food is great and the Host and staff are really attentitive. There is one problem as you always come away stuffed as the food is so good. Over the last couple of years the portions have reduced a little but the quality is still the same. At least I dont have to loosen my belt while still feeling I have had a great meal. The views from the conservatory at any time of the year is a tribute to the Scottish countryside. There is adequate parking and I have always been able to get a table although it is best to book as it is usually busy. First class for food and service.

• Visited June 2013
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Your very kind words are noted and very much appreciated !
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Good big dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We go to the Garlogie 3 or 4 times a year for dinner with family. We all enjoy food and have big appetites - just as well, as the portions at the Garlogie Inn are big! The food is tasty and wholesome - nothing pretentious, just good.

Last night I had their Chicken Mac Robbie (chicken breast stuffed with black pudding and served with a whiskey cream sauce) - absolutely delicious. Some of our party had the burger - what a huge plateful - fully loaded burger on a bun served with fries and onion rings! Not a meal for the faint hearted! My only complaint is that none of us had any room for dessert!!!

The country setting of the restaurant is nice - a bit out of town, but well worth the effort.

• Visited July 2013
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We really do appreciate your positive comments, thank you