“First visit - would return”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Garlogie Inn

Garlogie Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Westhill
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeen
“First visit - would return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I ate here on Saturday 29 June. I called last minute to see if I could book us a table not really expecting them to have availability, but was happy that they did have a table.

This is the first time we had been to this restaurant having heard lots of positive views on it. The menu had a good selection of pub food to choose from. My hubby had the pate and I had the brie wedges to start. Both were good and very nicely presented. My hubby had the deep fried fish and chips for main course. The fish was huge and in a lovely bubbly batter. The batter was a very dark brown and looked to be overcooked, but the fish inside was nice and moist. I had the chicken McRobbie with baked potato. It was really nice although I could have done with a bit more of the creamy sauce to go over the chicken. The baked potato was delicious with a lovely crispy skin and I am happy to say that it was baked in the oven unlike some restaurants who describe a potato as baked when it is clear that it has been microwaved!

My hubby was so full he abstained from having dessert but I opted for the sticky toffee pudding. I was really disappointed with it as the pudding wasn't sticky at all, it was just sponge with very little flavour or colour and pale toffee sauce over the top. Usually sticky toffee pudding is very dark and rich with a distinct flavour of treacle and dates, but this wasn't.

Overall we were happy with the food and would return again, though next time I would have a different dessert!

• Visited June 2013
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review regarding your first visit to The Garlogie inn,we take all reviews very seriously and i am sorry that our very popular "sticky toffee pud" did not quite live up to your expectations!! We have over the last 25 years made the pudding on the premises and we continue to make over 200 per week because they are so popular !! We look forward to you next visit and appreciate your very positive review..

“Lunch Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Have been here one before quite some time ago and decided on another visit. A good variety of tranditional pub grub to chose from. Excellent value for money and the service was very good at a really busy time.

Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your very positive review and we hope to see you all again soon..
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went in on the 17th of May for an evening meal and was delighted with everything that I was presented with. For starters I had the prawn and apple cocktail which was a beautiful infusion of tastes and flavours, then for my main I had chicken parmo and my husband had a sirloin steak - both of which were cooked to our liking and nicely presented (very tasty too!). Service was charming, had a blonde waitress who was bubbly and friendly - just what you need to compliment the tasty food. Great find and I will definitely be back!

Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
We are delighted that your visit to the Garlogie inn was an enjoyable experience..Thank you
“lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went out to Garlogie Inn a couple of weeks ago with my sister-in-law & my friend, i have been there many times & always had a lovely meal. That day was such a disappointment they have never been before so thought i would treat them, my friends food was good but, mine & my sister-in-laws was not great. I think it was just what was left over, it tasted like it heated up food. It also came out very quick you tend to know that if it comes to you very quick then it's not been cooked to order.

• Visited April 2013
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Sorry to read your review "lunch"(no time no date )..! Can i ask why after your server would have asked if "your meals are to your liking?" that you our your party did not inform your server of your dissastifaction with your meal ? To even suggest that we wouldold attempt to serve "left over or heated up food" is absolutely absurd..We take seriously all of our customers positive and negative reviews and i am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed..
Aberdeen
“Very good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

On arrival i expected the Garlogie to be much busier for a Friday lunchtime. Got a lovely bright table in the conservatory. We both elected to choose the 2 courses for £8 menu. Not huge portions or exotically presented but good pub grub - yes I would have preferred my roast beef pink but guess the have to cater for the majority on the special menu.
Good service - mix up with the choice of potatoes but quickly resolved by a very attentive waitress - nothing appeared too much trouble.
Top class catering it isn't but perfect for a cheap lunch and easily affordable to come much more often - we will be back!

2 Thank WAEAberdeen
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your review,in the current econimic climate we always try to give our customers value for their hard earned money..