“lunch”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went out to Garlogie Inn a couple of weeks ago with my sister-in-law & my friend, i have been there many times & always had a lovely meal. That day was such a disappointment they have never been before so thought i would treat them, my friends food was good but, mine & my sister-in-laws was not great. I think it was just what was left over, it tasted like it heated up food. It also came out very quick you tend to know that if it comes to you very quick then it's not been cooked to order.

Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Sorry to read your review "lunch"(no time no date )..! Can i ask why after your server would have asked if "your meals are to your liking?" that you our your party did not inform your server of your dissastifaction with your meal ? To even suggest that we wouldold attempt to serve "left over or heated up food" is absolutely absurd..We take seriously all of our customers positive and negative reviews and i am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed..

There are newer reviews for Garlogie Inn

Reviewed May 3, 2013

On arrival i expected the Garlogie to be much busier for a Friday lunchtime. Got a lovely bright table in the conservatory. We both elected to choose the 2 courses for £8 menu. Not huge portions or exotically presented but good pub grub - yes I would have preferred my roast beef pink but guess the have to cater for the majority on the special menu.
Good service - mix up with the choice of potatoes but quickly resolved by a very attentive waitress - nothing appeared too much trouble.
Top class catering it isn't but perfect for a cheap lunch and easily affordable to come much more often - we will be back!

2  Thank WAEAberdeen
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for your review,in the current econimic climate we always try to give our customers value for their hard earned money..

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Popped in after a lovely walk round Dunecht estate (that's an amazing place but thats another story). Very traditional pub grub with a vey limited menu and very little imagination in presentation of food. Service was fine, but the meal lacked anything remarkable about it and was bland. The mash came luke warm and the chicken was swamped in what seemed like a Campbells tin of soup.

My partner had chicken swamped in cheese
So, if you like bland uniteresting food, his is the place for you.

Won't be going back...a completely unremarkable experience.....

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I really love this restaurant. My mum, sister and I came here for lunch on a Monday afternoon. It was busy too which is always a good sign! My mum is so fussy but this is a favourite of hers. It has such a homely feel to it and the staff are so friendly and make you so welcome from the minute you come in to the minute you leave. We were sat in the conservatory part which was really nice because it was a bright sunny day. For lunch time there is a set menu of 2 courses for £8. You can’t really beat that value and the food is delicious, we have never been let down in the few years we have been coming. My sister and I had the fish goujons and chips and my mum had the roast chicken with stuffing, which we all really enjoyed . For dessert we all had rhubarb crumble and custard which was lovely. I will definitely be coming back here and I recommend it to anyone!

Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

We are delighted with your very kind words...from all at team Garlogie inn

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Once again took a drive over to the Garlogie Inn for a lunchtime treat. Even better my son said he would pay.As expected quickly seated and drinks order taken giving us time to browse the menu. 4 soft drinks 2 starters 4 mains 3 coffee's for under £50 with large portions nicely cooked. Great value..

1  Thank granddad51
Nick Q, Owner at Garlogie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Delighted to read such a positive review, thank you so much .