“Chocolate Lovers Paradise”

Chocolaterie de l'Ile d'Orleans
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: An absolutely delightful chocolate factory in a gorgeous location. All chocolate is hand-made in this little shop that is over 200 years old, located at the tip of the Ile d'Orléans island, overseeing the beautiful city of Québec. Only 15 minutes from downtown, make sure to stop there to taste their wonderful chocolate or their signature ice-cream cone dipped in real, tick chocolate! Chocolates, drinks and coffee are available all year! Food and ice cream available only ending of march to mid-October!
Reviewed February 9, 2013

As a chocolate lover, we had to make a pit stop on a day trip from Montreal while on vacation. The experience did not disappoint. We choose to have dinner and dessert. The girls had chocolate dipped ice cream cones and we sampled chocolate covered strawberries. Our visit was during the summer so there were lot's of visitor's enjoying a beautiful afternoon with family and friends. We look forward to returning to the island and exploring some time in the near future.

1  Thank garnetkw99

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We made a tour of the I'lle d'Orleans, which was special in itself as it was at the beginning of Fall and so many beautiful colours -quite spectacular. But back to the main business here - my wife Margy was in heaven. So many delicious chocolates to choose from and an amazing hot chocolate to wash them down. She didn't stop licking her lips for ages.

2  Thank Wayne23aus
Reviewed September 16, 2012

What could possibly be wrong with hot chocolate and a croissant filled with chicken salad on a cool fall day? This is the place; lots of seating outside for the summer, but the inside had plenty of room also. Don't pass it up...... plus plenty of gift chocolates to choose from in the store.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I do not normally review restaurants when I just stopped there for a snack. I had some of their chocolate and it was really good. I did not have any of their food, so I can not comment on it. What I did have was a chocolate covered soft serve vanilla ice cream cone. That, in and of itself, was enough for me to rate this place as I did. I live at the New Jersey shore. I can get Kohrs chocolate covered cones whenever I want, but I rarely do and after this place I do not think I ever can again. The ice cream was good soft serve. The cone was sweet and crisp. That is something you can get anywhere. The difference is the chocolate. It is not the thin hard shell you get other places. It is actual real milk milk chocolate that your cone is dipped into. It is soft and about 3-4x thicker than your standard hard shell. The coat the whole cone from top to the top the cone. Seriously, skip the fancy gellato and sundaes and just get one of these cones but I have to warn you .. you will never be able to eat one from anywhere else again. If you are visiting Quebec City, Orleans is a short ride and has a lot of neat stuff but if it only had this place for ice cream, it would be worth the trip.

2  Thank TheNJBen
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This coffee is made from a type of a machine used at gas stations. Both our drinks were served luke warm with no amount of sugar or cream even coming close to salvaging tbe taste. Adding salt to the wound, they had the audacity to charge $3.50 (in Canadian) for something that was not drinkable. Do not stop here for coffee.