“Magnific Rock, Nicaragua Retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chinandega
Surf With Amigas- Women's Surf and Yoga Retreat
Ranked #1 of 8 Chinandega B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“Magnific Rock, Nicaragua Retreat”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

AMAZING! I had an absolute blast. I would recommend this to anyone that is open to adventure and ready for life changing experiences. Holly, Jackie, Nadia and Nikki were an incredible team and each brought a different energy that really made this trip beyond imaginable. I had never really surfed before, but with the pointers and solid support from each and every person I was able to get the hang of it by the end of the week. The location was picture perfect. I was so stoked and pumped from my experience, that I'm already signed up for another retreat. If you are considering it, stop thinking and just do it! You will not regret it :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I met Jackie from Surf With Amigas while on a trip to Nicaragua and found out about a Philippines retreat.

I loved every second! Holly and Jackie are fantastic Amigas who give great advice and help you improve your surfing. I'm a beginner and most of the girls on the retreat were more advanced but I felt like I got great time from Holly and Jackie and caught some great waves and really improved. The video review is really helped as well and it's nice to be able to take it home on a USB stick.

I loved the schedule, a great balance with two surf sessions with a yoga class in between. We had a couple days where it was pure adventure or one surf session, this was a great balance.

Check these Amigas out. You'll have tons of fun, make new friends, explore new places, and catch some great waves while getting stronger and staying limber!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SibinaF
Boston area
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I can't wait to go back! I will never forget how amazing this trip was, from the personal challenges to the female comraderie to the adventure-all-the-time-yet-somehow-relaxed-mode. Holly and her incredible team really take it upon themselves to "host" the group of travelers such that we all had an amazing week even beyond what we hoped for.

The surfing was great -- and our group was the ultimate mix of beginners to almost newbies to W Coast shredders lookin for some warm waves. The inclusion of yoga in our daily routine really added to the trip -- it was as intense or restorative as you wanted it to be, with a FABulous instructor who really reached me on many levels. Beyond surf and yoga, the fun never stopped from our local excursions to the trek to León for an incredible hike up an active volcano and exhilarating ride down to horseback riding and more. Never a dull moment yet we found time to chill in a hammock, get to know one another by the pool, take a sunset dip in the waves and of course grab a cerveza or rum cocktail. Loved the food -- I felt spoiled to have such delicious dishes day after day. We were all looking for pretty healthy yet hearty food to complement our lifestyle for the week and it was SO good. Lots of fish and local flavor though they could accomodate for vegans and other needs. The setting is so stunning, we were pinching ourselves, and the accomodations were just perfect. Nothing fancy but given the remote area, we had it all.

The team at El Coco Loco were super cool and incredibly inspiring. Their non-profit, Waves of Hope, offers so much to the community by tirelessly working to provide improved education, better health options and much-needed infrastructure. (They unassumingly acknowledge how much they've gotten and learned from the community meanwhile offering them jobs and the tools for ongoinging "success", defined in the most fundamental way.) They took the time to share their story and involved us in their latest volunteer effort to build a high school. This was a moving and truly educational part of the trip.

Most of all, Holly and the Surf with Amigas crew made the week what it was -- incredible. Their warm, super-chill attitude was so genuine and they really wanted everyone to have a great time. When I was there, Jackie was joined by Jaime (JamRock) and Nikki. All three were fun-loving friends who each brought something unique to the experience. Holly, Jackie and Jamrock coached us effortlessly out in the waves, eternally offering inspiration! Nikki brought yoga, spirituality, the moon and stars into our lives with a very open perspective so we could make of it what we wanted to. (No expertise needed for the Amigas) Holly and Kim are way cool and Holly's tips (in the waves and during video review) are incredibly helpful. It's a super supportive environment where everyone is cheering each other on.

Everyone who goes on this retreat is up for some fun, so you know you're bound to end up with a great group. I'm someone who has always traveled with friends / family / husband / kids so going on my own was fabulous choice for some me-time mixed with socializing. Glad I made new friends, who I hope to surf with again someday soon!
Highly recommended, to say the least!

Ocean, New Jersey
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was one of the greatest trips for so many reasons! First of all, surfing everyday with an awesome group of girls from all over the country and being coached by outgoing, top notch,professional coaches was incredible. Holly, Jackie and Jamie really cared about every single one of us in the water (as well as out) and we all improved significantly during the week.The water is warm, the beaches beautiful and the break, both lefts and rights, is right at your doorstep!
There were so many great activities planned...yoga everyday with amazing Nikki, running horses on the beach-yea, okay, I barely galloped..but other horses RAN, volcano boarding-I proved you could go SLOW, building a school, learning to make chocolate and tortillas-mine were square-ish from scratch, relaxing...you name it, this trip had it!
El Coco Loco is a hidden gem tucked in the north of this beautiful country. The accommodations were simple, clean and comfortable and everyone from the owners to their staff were a big part of what makes this place so special...did I also mention it was beautiful??? The food was delicious and healthy, with second breakfast being my favorite time of day! Yes, TWO breakfasts!
If you are in doubt about a trip like this, DON'T be! This is the perfect atmosphere for anyone who is would like to learn to surf great waves, meet new people in an amazing place, embark on some adventures, eat great food and just have a fantastic time. GO!!!!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If I could rate this retreat a 10, I wouldn't hesitate one bit! This retreat is hands down the best trip I've ever had. It’s well organized with a variety of activities and super fun at all times. The surf team and resort staff are like family and welcome you into their little paradise with such a warm and generous hospitality. The entire time I was at the retreat I was in a constant state of bliss and excitement. I highly recommend the Surf With Amigas retreat to anyone interested in an experience of a lifetime. I just went for the first time last month (Feb-13) and I'm already making plans to go back before the end of this year (2013). I left the retreat feeling so great about surfing that I'm coming back for more!

Holly and her team do such a fantastic job! There is solid beginner training, coaching sessions via watching videos of you and getting advice/feedback from Holly Beck throughout the week, and constant encouragement/support/coaching while out there in the ocean. Holly and team have that secret combination of coaching that got me riding green waves by the end of the trip and feeling confident that I could go out there on my own after returning home.

The yoga classes are totally rejuvenating and extremely helpful in your quest to learn or improve your surfing. Plus it’s such a fun time hanging out with Surf With Amigas that surfing in the ocean with them is just hands down the time of your life!

Frisco, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Wow this trip was amazing. If you are even thinking about going to Surf with Amigas stop thinking and start doing!! You won't regret it, I promise! No where else in the world can you get top notch surfing instruction from killer gals, run horses on the beach, go volcano boarding (still can't believe, I did that), down chili pepper rum shots, enjoy amazing yoga, make chocolate, contribute to the community, hang with amigas, and MORE!

I traveled solo but left with new friends for life. It sounds so cheesy to say but really, our group was fantastical and it made the whole experience seem like a grown up summer surf camp! This is the kind of place where you should feel safe to travel alone but you could also go with a friend.
Holly and her team (Kim, Jackie, Jamrock and Nikki) have created a magical experience that is hard to accurately describe with words. From the surf instruction, to the excursions, to the yummy healthy food, and the environment at El coco loco resort, everything is outstanding.
The surfing - I had never surfed a day in my life and I learned so much! I was on the outside with the big girls on day two and even caught some green waves by the end of the week! I'm super uncoordinated so that speaks volumes for the instruction!! Holly and crew are so encouraging and knowledgeable. They are in the water with you reminding you what to do and picking out waves for you. There were ladies that surf a lot with us as well and they seemed to get even better. I personally loved having ladies that were better than me there because it pushed me to get to the outside with them! I wanted to be a cool shredder just like them and Holly!

The food - All unprocessed and delish! From two breakfasts with granola, fresh fruit, tostadas, eggs, french toast, breakfast burritos, to lunches and dinners like pasta, tacos, burrito and salad bars, fish, and even vegetarian options, you will not go hungry and will probably eat better here than you to at home. Bonus..the coffee is strong and awesome

The yoga- Nikki is wonderful. She seems to know just what you need every session, The yoga was relaxing and not too strenuous since she knew we were exhausted from surfing. I would say it was restorative!

The accommodations - Coco Loco is very simple, but very beautiful. Before this trip I would consider myself the "I love not camping" type. I was never uncomfortable, in fact just the opposite, I was very comfortable in our cabanas. They look like adorable little Roxy girl huts! I absolutely loved brushing my teeth outside and showering under the stars. The "outhouses" were adorable and you get used to them the first day. Other than not flushing they aren't much different than home.

The adventure - Talk about bucket list central! Learn to surf, check! Ride horses at sunset on the beach, check! Throw yourself off a volcano with nothing more than a piece of plywood, ummm check! Put yourself out there with people you don't know and come out even better than you could have imagined, double check!

The Amigas (and dudes)- Holly, Jackie, JamRock, Nikki, Kim, Ben, Chris, and Jamie were amazingly cool. Don't worry about who you'll be with for the week. If an amiga is cool enough to do something like this you can know that she will be someone you want to hang with!

I'm frothing for more waves and so stoked to go back and Surf with Amigas!!!

1 Thank Carrie H
san diego
Reviewed March 4, 2013

First off, if you are thinking about booking an awesome week with Surf With Amigas, DO IT! Don't hesitate because this will be one of the most memorable, fun and exciting trips you will ever take.

Holly and her gang of amazing instructors (Jackie, Jaime, Nikki and Kim) are there to make sure you have a trip of a lifetime, and believe me, you will. They take care of all the details and you can decide for yourself to do as much as you want, or as little as you want. But every activity and adventure is too exciting to pass up, so I seriously doubt that you will ever pass on any surf session, yoga session or other activity, but if you do, not to fear, the accommodations are super relaxing and comfortable. So while everyone else is out sledding down a volcano or going for a sunset dip in the warm ocean you are more than welcome to stay back at the resort relaxing in a hammock in pure comfort.

I'm always a bit skeptical of going on trips that I will have to spend a week with people I don't know. But I met some amazing woman on this trip that are now friends for life. How many vacation do you come back from and still remember all the people you meet just as clearly as the epic fun you had? I think I took more pictures of the woman (and now friends) I met on the trip than the amazing landscapes and completely breathtaking beaches. This is the kind of trip that you can go on alone and make instant friends with or come with a friend and make even more friends.

The trip caters to all levels of surfers. Those of us that surf on a regular basis back home were given tips and pointers that were transformative and allowed us to progress further than we would ever have. And those that had never surfed before were out in the big girls waves by day TWO, so I know that they too were given the right instruction and guidance!!!! Holly, Jackie, Jaime and Kim went out of their way to make sure that the more experienced surfers had extra surf sessions and detailed instruction and the less experienced surfers (most with no experience) were as equally accommodated for and were provided an environment that set them up for success. It was amazing that people who had never surfed before we charging pretty decent size surf by DAY TWO and by the end of the week everyone was surfing green waves!! Just another testament to Surf with Amigas and their commitment to making sure that everyone, no matter who you are, where you come from, what your level of comfort is in the water or your surfing ability is catered to. My surfing skills and even more important, my confidence in the water increased exponentially. As well my love of a county (Nicaragua) that is sometimes under represented as an amazing travel destination was sealed and I'm ready to go back as soon as possible.

When I got back people (both surfers and non-surfers alike) asked me about my trip and if I had a great time. All I could answer was, YES, it was amazing and if you were thinking about booking a trip with Surf With Amigas, JUST DO IT. But deep in my heart there was something more about the trip that I just couldn't describe with words because it was so transformative. Truly a testiment to the environment that Holly has created with Surf With Amigas. She has achieved something with her trips that are intangible and that can't be describes with words and only experienced when you go on a trip with Surf With Amigas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinandega
Morgan's Rock Hacienda and Ecolodge
#22 of 27 in San Juan del Sur
Costa Dulce
Costa Dulce
#4 of 27 in San Juan del Sur

Been to Surf With Amigas- Women's Surf and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!