We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chinandega
Surf With Amigas- Women's Surf and Yoga Retreat
Ranked #1 of 8 Chinandega B&B and Inns
san diego
“Super stoked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

First off, if you are thinking about booking an awesome week with Surf With Amigas, DO IT! Don't hesitate because this will be one of the most memorable, fun and exciting trips you will ever take.

Holly and her gang of amazing instructors (Jackie, Jaime, Nikki and Kim) are there to make sure you have a trip of a lifetime, and believe me, you will. They take care of all the details and you can decide for yourself to do as much as you want, or as little as you want. But every activity and adventure is too exciting to pass up, so I seriously doubt that you will ever pass on any surf session, yoga session or other activity, but if you do, not to fear, the accommodations are super relaxing and comfortable. So while everyone else is out sledding down a volcano or going for a sunset dip in the warm ocean you are more than welcome to stay back at the resort relaxing in a hammock in pure comfort.

I'm always a bit skeptical of going on trips that I will have to spend a week with people I don't know. But I met some amazing woman on this trip that are now friends for life. How many vacation do you come back from and still remember all the people you meet just as clearly as the epic fun you had? I think I took more pictures of the woman (and now friends) I met on the trip than the amazing landscapes and completely breathtaking beaches. This is the kind of trip that you can go on alone and make instant friends with or come with a friend and make even more friends.

The trip caters to all levels of surfers. Those of us that surf on a regular basis back home were given tips and pointers that were transformative and allowed us to progress further than we would ever have. And those that had never surfed before were out in the big girls waves by day TWO, so I know that they too were given the right instruction and guidance!!!! Holly, Jackie, Jaime and Kim went out of their way to make sure that the more experienced surfers had extra surf sessions and detailed instruction and the less experienced surfers (most with no experience) were as equally accommodated for and were provided an environment that set them up for success. It was amazing that people who had never surfed before we charging pretty decent size surf by DAY TWO and by the end of the week everyone was surfing green waves!! Just another testament to Surf with Amigas and their commitment to making sure that everyone, no matter who you are, where you come from, what your level of comfort is in the water or your surfing ability is catered to. My surfing skills and even more important, my confidence in the water increased exponentially. As well my love of a county (Nicaragua) that is sometimes under represented as an amazing travel destination was sealed and I'm ready to go back as soon as possible.

When I got back people (both surfers and non-surfers alike) asked me about my trip and if I had a great time. All I could answer was, YES, it was amazing and if you were thinking about booking a trip with Surf With Amigas, JUST DO IT. But deep in my heart there was something more about the trip that I just couldn't describe with words because it was so transformative. Truly a testiment to the environment that Holly has created with Surf With Amigas. She has achieved something with her trips that are intangible and that can't be describes with words and only experienced when you go on a trip with Surf With Amigas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

And it was amazeballs.
If your experience is anything like mine was, this is basically what's going to happen. You're gonna book your trip with Surf w/Amigas. You're gonna show up, learn to shred with a bunch of cool chicks who you will relentlessly stalk on Facebook long after you return home. You're going to cross a bunch of things off your bucket list, and conquer fears you didn't even know you had.
You may or may not become slightly inebriated at some point with a few of your new friends; you will probably have amazing conversations and eventually become tight like spandex.
Then, on the last day of your trip, as you reluctantly pack your bags to go back home, you'll inevitably start planning your next trip back to Surf With Amigas.
If you don't enjoy any of the above things, this probably isn't for you. Instead, you should probably book a trip that involves kicking cute fluffy bunnies, making children cry, and drinking your own urine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SloppyJoh
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband an I were looking for a down to earth surf trip in Central America. Holly's surf camp at El Coco Loco totally rocked. It's primarily a girls trip but they take couples on occasion. My husband was very welcomed and he had an awesome time. The whole experience was spectacular from early morning surfing every day, to the food, yoga, staff, and Jamie's rum drinks. The new litter of puppies just topped it off! So awesome to be greeted every morning by 8 puppies!!! Get your surf on girls!

Room Tip: You'll be so tired from surfing every day, you'll fall asleep anywhere. Hammock, bed, whate...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had been anticipating this trip for quite some time and it lived up to everything I had heard about it. The Coco Loco Surf resort was a beautiful place with amazing healthy but delicious food served up daily, I mean I've never had 2 breakfasts before but you get two there on this trip! It is an eco resort so it's perfect if you are green and like to live simply....the surfer's paradise right next to the beach (if you're high maintenance and need luxury it probably isn't for you though).

For the Surf With Amigas trip specifically, it is perfect for all levels of surfers as there were 3 instructors (including the amazingly talented ex-pro surfer Holly Beck) out in the water at all times with about a 4 surfers to 1 instructor ratio. The surf is uncrowded and the water is warm.....just my amazing kind of surf conditions!!

There was always something to do as well if you wanted (but weren't required to do everything), from Yoga to balance out the surfing to all kinds of gnarly adventures like riding this convertible party bus type out to this volcano and sledding down it, horse back riding, and even helping out and doing good, with the local charity Waves of Hope. It was just the little things too that added a special flair, like when they had beer waiting for us after horseback riding, unexpected but just little things like that were also what made the trip special!

I met some awesome people there and just had a great time hanging out with everyone and having one week of pure surfing....I've never surfed 7 days in a row before, but now I'm craving to do it more!!! I will definitely be back at some point!!!! A surf trip of a lifetime!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jackey M
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Growing up near the mountains of East Tennessee, I’m a complete sucker for adventure and trying new things. When I stumbled upon Holly’s blog and discovered her surf retreats, I knew immediately that it was an adventure I had to go on. Flash forward a couple of years, I had finally saved up enough money and found the wait was totally worth it!
A virtual beginner at surfing, Holly and her team of coaches instructed me so well, giving me such awesome feedback and making the experience fun rather than stressful, and by day two I was able to seriously enjoy the ocean, its waves and what can be done on a surfboard in the middle of it all.
The whole week felt so relaxed and easy; meeting incredible women, eating fresh and delicious food prepared by local hands and experiencing the beauty and adventure of Nicaragua at El Coco Loco resort. When I returned home, friends and family commented that I seemed more alive and present than I had before the trip. To me, that alone was worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

From the minute I emailed Holly to ask about booking my trip to the time I was dropped off at the Managua airport by the Surf with Amigas staff, this trip was seamless and, most importantly, FUN!!

The week was well organized and I never had to worry about any logistics - I was always in good hands. The group of women were all like-minded and we were supported and inspired by Holly and her awesome team. The week is packed with fun activities, daily surf instruction, yoga, food and relaxation. I had never surfed before and I came home knowing how to catch a wave (plus a bunch of cool pictures and videos!) I absolutely, highly recommend this trip for all adventure-seeking, Eco-friendly gals. You will make memories that you'll never forget.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Karnicwar
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Want to surf cute waves, eat delicious food, go on amazing adventures, and then surf some more? Look no further than Holly and crew at Surf With Amigas. I arrived in Nica as a beginning surfer looking to do something amazing to celebrate a milestone birthday. I left excited to continue surfing at home and with some amazing new friendships.

Holly and team got me up and shredding by the end of the first day. The awesome surfing was interspersed by delicious food (I miss second breakfast!) and fun adventures (who doesn't want to board down a volcano?) and a chance to get to know the local community. The entire team is super down to earth and fun to hang out with.

I can't wait to hook up with the amigas for my next surfing adventure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinandega
Morgan's Rock Hacienda and Ecolodge
#22 of 27 in San Juan del Sur
Hyatt Place Managua
Hyatt Place Managua
#1 of 51 in Managua

Been to Surf With Amigas- Women's Surf and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!