“Mountain girl meets surfboard”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chinandega
Surf With Amigas- Women's Surf and Yoga Retreat
Ranked #1 of 8 Chinandega B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Mountain girl meets surfboard”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Growing up near the mountains of East Tennessee, I’m a complete sucker for adventure and trying new things. When I stumbled upon Holly’s blog and discovered her surf retreats, I knew immediately that it was an adventure I had to go on. Flash forward a couple of years, I had finally saved up enough money and found the wait was totally worth it!
A virtual beginner at surfing, Holly and her team of coaches instructed me so well, giving me such awesome feedback and making the experience fun rather than stressful, and by day two I was able to seriously enjoy the ocean, its waves and what can be done on a surfboard in the middle of it all.
The whole week felt so relaxed and easy; meeting incredible women, eating fresh and delicious food prepared by local hands and experiencing the beauty and adventure of Nicaragua at El Coco Loco resort. When I returned home, friends and family commented that I seemed more alive and present than I had before the trip. To me, that alone was worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

From the minute I emailed Holly to ask about booking my trip to the time I was dropped off at the Managua airport by the Surf with Amigas staff, this trip was seamless and, most importantly, FUN!!

The week was well organized and I never had to worry about any logistics - I was always in good hands. The group of women were all like-minded and we were supported and inspired by Holly and her awesome team. The week is packed with fun activities, daily surf instruction, yoga, food and relaxation. I had never surfed before and I came home knowing how to catch a wave (plus a bunch of cool pictures and videos!) I absolutely, highly recommend this trip for all adventure-seeking, Eco-friendly gals. You will make memories that you'll never forget.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Karnicwar
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Want to surf cute waves, eat delicious food, go on amazing adventures, and then surf some more? Look no further than Holly and crew at Surf With Amigas. I arrived in Nica as a beginning surfer looking to do something amazing to celebrate a milestone birthday. I left excited to continue surfing at home and with some amazing new friendships.

Holly and team got me up and shredding by the end of the first day. The awesome surfing was interspersed by delicious food (I miss second breakfast!) and fun adventures (who doesn't want to board down a volcano?) and a chance to get to know the local community. The entire team is super down to earth and fun to hang out with.

I can't wait to hook up with the amigas for my next surfing adventure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Oceanside, California
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Holly has created the ultimate adventure trip for women wanting to be active, get away in nature and feel inspired by other amigas. Everyone involved in running Surf with Amigas is so supportive and encouraging of everyone to go past their comfort zone and do new things that left us all feeling more confident and empowered by the end of the week. The coaching in the water along with the video coaching of watching playbacks of surfing from the day to see what I could work on was really helpful. I love that it was mostly about surfing but had the added bonuses of afternoon yoga and adventures around the area as well.

I did the northern Nicaragua camp which was at the beautiful and peaceful El Coco Loco Resort. El Coco Loco is gorgeous and also serves incredibly delicious and healthy meals that we all loved! I read a ton of reviews before going but seriously no need, just book your trip now! I am already planning on booking another trip with Surf with Amigas since I know already now how incredibly fun it will be!

Here's more on my experience with Surf with Amigas (formerly Suave Dulce): http://seafoamandsunshine.blogspot.com/2013/01/nicaragua-and-amigas.html

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Halifax
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been on two retreats with "Surf with Amigas" in Nicargua and El Salvador. Both trips were epic! Holly is an incredible, fun, and inspiring individual. She is extremely encouraging, and provides excellent surf instruction / coaching. Surf with Amigas creates a very encouraging environment and gives you the opportunity to meet amazing girls from all over the world. Everything is taken care of, from airport transportation, accommodations, food, surfing, yoga, and other activities (i.e. volcano boarding - super fun!). Everything is planned around the surf, which is awesome.
Coco Loco, in Northern NIcaragua, is the ideal location for Holly's retreats. It provides rustic and laid back accommodations right next to the beach.
If you're looking for an amazing week of surfing with a bunch of fun adventurous girls, go "Surf with Amigas"!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Linds M
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I went on a camp with 'Surf with Amigas' in October. It was hosted in Las Flores, El Salvador. I had a fantastic time, received excellent coaching from Holly and Steph and enjoyed surfing the super fun waves of Las Flores and Punta Manga.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Amagansett, New York, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been a yoga teacher for the past 20 years and teaching retreats around the globe for the past 15, so I know what goes into organizing and hosting a retreat. What Holly has created with Suave Dulce surf camp is an incredible, unique, not to be missed experience. From the unparalleled surf instruction, to the awesome food, beautiful empty beaches, and the boys at el coco loco, I woke up every day so psyched for what lay ahead. If you want luxury, do not go, but if you are want to drop back in with nature and her rhythms (8:30 bedtime, anyone?), meet awesome people, surf empty waves, and have the trip of a lifetime, check it out!! I highly highly recommend.... ! :)

Room Tip: all rooms are the same!