“Amazing Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chinandega
Rise Up Surf Tours Nicaragua
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Rise Up Surf Nicaragua was an incredible experience! My friend and I had never surfed before and their guides helped us stand up on the boards in no time as well as teach us how to catch the best waves. The food, atmosphere, staff, excursions and yoga all made our week with Rise Up unforgettable and we're already planning when we can go back. It was such an awesome week and it was terribly sad leaving all of our new friends and the surf lifestyle we'd gotten used to. EVERYONE needs to experience Rise Up Surf Nicaragua :)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kendra S
There are newer reviews for Rise Up Surf Tours Nicaragua

Reviewed June 5, 2014

First time at the new camp in April - best surf trip ever. Short boat ride to amazing waves, shorter truck ride to amazing waves and the service, food, yoga and atmosphere is incomparable! Easy to surf 4 - 6 hours a day with little or no crowd!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank shriver9ft
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had the absolute best experience at Rise Up, and could not recommend it more highly to an adventure-seeker, who enjoys yoga practice, amazing food, the friendliest of people, an incredibly beautiful location and tons of flexibility to do your thing and enjoy the type of vacation you want.

Rise Up was my first solo international trip, as a very newbie surfer, and I was never nervous, never intimidated, never felt like a truly "solo" traveler. Phil and Anna are the nicest of hosts, and the Rise Up camp is so inviting with its hammocks, fridge stocked with beer, communal dining table, essentially private beach, constant activities and inclusive, laid back feel. This trip combines all of the adventure you want -- surfing, volcano boarding, horseback riding, boating, city exploration -- with the relaxation of hammock-reading, oceanside massage, seriously delicious healthy food, pool-swimming, beach jogging, ray-grabbing of a beach vacation.

Wish I could have stayed 2 weeks instead of 1! Don't hesitate - this is a trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Katie H
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Reviews are so subjective.... expectations are so individual. That said, I cannot imagine anyone not having a great time at Rise Up. We stayed May 14-21 and it was the best part of our vacation. Everyone raved about the amazing food, awesome staff, incredible sunsets and location and super fun experiences. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kj604
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am not even going to take too much time on this review cos everyone before me say it all. This is the most laid back welcoming place you will ever experience. Its not a 5 star luxury resort but I was never under that impression nor was I ever left wanting for anything my entire trip.

I am 26 yo female living in brooklyn. I went by my self and was a bit nervous, but from the second I was picked up by my driver with 2 other ladies (both solo) all my fears were cast aside. All the other guests became my instant friends and I never felt alone or anything.

I felt safe and extremely happy the entire time both in and out of the water. The food was amazing and you didn't feel disconnected from the local village at all their mixed staff of expats and locals makes you feel right at home.

The surfing was amazing and the beaches are deserted!

I CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE ENOUGH!

A few guests hit up the duty free at the airport cos they were worried there wasn't going to be enough booze and that ish never even got opened (till we decided to show the rise up crew how to make a Party Melon (vodka watermelon)) When ever you wanted beer or rum it was there for you, snacks anything all there when ever you wanted.

I am already planning a return trip this time bringing some friends to share the magic with.

Basically JUST GO. BOOK YOUR TRIP AND GO.

ALSO DONT FORGET TO BRING LOADS OF CASH TO TIP THE STAFF AT THE END OF YOUR TRIP!!! THEY ARE WORTH AS MUCH $$ AS YOU CAN AFFORD TO TIP THEM EVERYONE IS PURE MAGIC.

Room Tip: If flying solo ask if you can share they let me and I was able to safe a little $$ If your A/C di...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AcasiaRose
Reviewed April 14, 2014

only because I'm afraid this place will blow up so much I never get back! Short, simple review: AWESOME. Lovely place, amazing staff, great food, great surf instructors... it's got it all. If you're looking for a surf escape, you've found it. Would go back right this second if I could!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We just got back from about a week trip to Rise Up Surf Tours. We had surfed a few times prior, but this was a great way to immerse ourselves in surfing and really improve with the expert instruction from Phil. The yoga was great and geared toward loosening you up for surfing. The food was delicious, I was a little averse to the possibility of a vegetarian meal or two prior to the trip, but it was delicious, I didn't miss the meat at all… There is no wifi, no tv's in the rooms, it's a great place to disconnect.

The driver picks you up at the airport, and unfortunately, it's a 3 hour drive to the camp. Definitely worth it to wake up and see what's in store for you…what an amazing view! My favorite part of the trip was that once you get there, you don't need any money. They don't nickel and dime you once you get there, if you want to participate in the activities, it's all included. We rode horseback, went on a boat tour, they fished the morning we got in, all included.

I can't say enough about this place, the overall vibe was mellow and no pressure. We have traveled all over the world, and I think this is our favorite! We will definitely come back. This is a good place for couples, groups, or solo travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms are very basic. If you want a lot of amenities in the room, this place isn't for you. No...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinandega
Redwood Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Chinandega
Marina Puesta del Sol
Marina Puesta del Sol
#2 of 2 in Aposentillo

Been to Rise Up Surf Tours Nicaragua? Share your experiences!