All reviews curio shop self catering chalets magda bathroom host
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2019

We used the venue as an over night facility (2 nights) for a wedding we were attending. The staff are very friendly, breakfast is great and just what you order.

There are noise rules and an honour bar. We stayed in the family room which had some strange lighting switches. You turned the light on in the bathroom and the light in the bed goes on as well.

Other than that it was very relaxing

Room tip: Depending on your needs, the family room is great.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2019

As it was out of season it was generally a very peaceful stay. Unfortunately the room is not totally sound proofed from the next door room and on the two occasions when we had neighbours we could hear their TV and one night their shower light was left on all night creating a disturbing hum from the extractor fan.
Breakfast was well presented with a choice of fresh fruit and various hot dishes cooked to our requirements. Our host Magda was a very friendly and helpful person, making our stay that extra bit more comfortable. With hindsight we should have booked one of the self catering chalets and had the peace of Bothas Hill all to ourselves. Breakfast is available at the curio shop restaurant. We ate lunch there and the menu has enough variety to suit everyone.

Room tip: Suggest self catering chalet as curio shop restaurant serves meals up to 4:30pm if you do not want to self cater.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

So my family and I got lost and drove into the lodge thinking we were in the right place. The owner rudely tells us that we must get off her property without even offering assistance or asking us if we were lost. Terrible terrible experience in my life. All she had to do was to be polite and just direct us.
I will never stay at this establishment and recommend others not to stay here as well!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
PheZulu2015, General Manager at PheZulu Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

I apologize for your experience and will find out why you were treated this way.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know

Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Phezulu is an authentic “wild” African experience but close to all amenities. Staff always helpful, but service in restaurant a bit slow, but then when in Africa why rush!!!
The rondavels were comfortable, clean and had all we needed.
You cannot buy the stunning view of a 1000 hills anywhere else in the world.
Game drive was great & my granddaughter loved every minute with a really informative guide.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely no service mindset. The neglect and lack of attention is everywhere, from the pool that is beyond dirty, lack of towels, broken shower door, nowhere to park and on and on and on.

Staff unfriendly and unhelpful.

Noise incredibly bad, could hear the TV from two rooms down and every time the room next door opened a tap the pipes rattled loudly.

Not much on atmosphere either.

The room and bedding were clean.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tristan D, General Manager at PheZulu Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Good Day Kevin

Please send me an e-mail with all your issues. This is against the trend of our 25 year old business. I was not made aware of issues so please shear them with me so that I can address them. We have put huge effort into our accommodation of late and have many compliments from guests. We strive to have happy clients and improve our business so you review is welcomed

PLease e-mail me on tristan@phezulusfaripark.co.za