“Sumptuous Cuisine” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oscars Cafe

Oscars Cafe
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Warrenpoint, United Kingdom
“Sumptuous Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Visit Hillcrest from Ireland usually once or twice a year.
Oscar's is our first choice for evening dining.
Staff are very friendly and never a problem to get seated even without reservation.
The menu is extensive and the deserts are mouth watering!!
This is a restaurant "not to be missed" if you are in the location.
Very very strongly recommended .

Visited March 2014

Pflugerville, Texas
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I just visited my family in Durban (I live in Texas)..we went to Oscars the last time I went about 5 years ago, and remembered that we had a fantastic meal at Oscar's. I wanted to go again, and was not disappointed. The service was good, but the food was was top notch. My Mom had the tripe..I had not eaten this dish for over 30 years..it was delicious, tender and tasty. I had the curry oxtail stew, and all but licked the bowl. The best was an appetizer called prawn bunny. Only a South African would know what this is. It was fantastic! (a bunny chow - take a half loaf of bread, scoop out the middle and fill it with curry) The other nice thing is that the chef came to the table and visited, we talked about the different dishes, and you could see that he was very proud of his restaurant. I will be going back to S.A.for my Mom's 80th, and I can't wait to go to Oscar's again.

1 Thank LynHamp
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a wonderful little local place that is great for a reunion of friends. We stayed a while and changed our orders and the staff were very accommodating. The food was good and there was plenty of it, with a good vibe and busy lunchtime period.

Durban, South Africa
“Good food and servcie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Management and waiters are always helpfull and friendly.
Food is served well prepared and attractive.

Very popular on weekends, rather book upfront or you will have to wait in line

Durban, South Africa
“Buzzing & dog friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Met a friend for morning coffee, stayed for lunch, left late afternoon! The staff are friendly & efficient & had no problem in adjusting my order to suit my low carb preference which is not the case in many other restaurants which are happy to hold the bun & chips but cannot substitute with a salad without additional charge. Enjoyed a very tasty & tender fillet steak with prego sauce & a quality fresh salad. They have a very extensive menu and the restaurant was busy but with a good vibe. Brought an unsolicited water bowl for my friend's dog. We had several waitrons during our long sojourn and all were charming, obviously we didn't feel rushed! Will most certainly return before too long.

• Visited March 2014