“Beatiful waterfalls!”

Fonts de l'Algar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were suprised about how many falls there are, and about the green and beatiful surroundings! It's a good idea to not use the first parking lots that are offered, but continue all the way to the entrance. We took wonderful pictures and The only drawback was that the area was so crowded...

1  Thank cljung123
Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)
All reviews
in 6 reviews
"round town travel"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Reading the other reviews, we were probably lucky to come here in the first week of June. It was not over-crowded and clean.
What a place!
We managed to park for 3Euro, less than 5 min walk down the hill.
Entry is cheap.
You have different options of pools and falls to swim in or sit by and there really is something for every age group.
Don't go if you can't climb stairs.
Take water shoes or surf boots - the ground is gravel or rock.
Use the diving spot - it is AMAZING!
Take goggles - you'll see fish in the higher pools.
My nine year old and I loved our time here. Just wish we could have made a day of it but had to fly back home :-(

3  Thank manugross11
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Parking first: Do not just drive in on the first parking lot just because some guy in a yellow vest waves you in. They are just after your 3 EURO for parking (not bad as such). Keep going and you can probably get a parking 500m closer, even under a roof.

Change your clothes before walking up to the fonts. Possible to change in a small room just before the entry, but likely with a queue there.
Entry for a fam is approx. 16-20 EURO, not all that bad.

Once you enter, you might as well walk all the way up to the top and start there. 20 degrees in the water or so. Nice once you get used to it.
A lot of fun for the kids. Had to drag them out of there!

Pretty expensive for food etc.. but that is as expected.

REMEMBER shoes / slippers you can use in water.

Might be back.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Love the cool water and beautiful park and waterfalls. The cool water was wonderful in the heat, and
Swimming in the waterfalls was extraordinarily. Highly recommended! The whole family loved it. Kids from 12 and up. Costs 4 euros and you can bring a picnic basket or eat at one of the many restaurants outside. Great service and affordable prices at the one with a big pool.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

My wife & I are currently staying with her brother & his wife in Gran Alacant & it was they who booked this wonderful trip for all of us. The air conditioned coach journey was pleasant enough & we arrived at the falls quite comfortably. Once there you get a group pic taken upon entry that you can purchase upon leaving for €5. And in all honesty I have to say that I found that price to be more than reasonable. It was quite busy, although not rammed full. Make sure you bring some suitable footwear, not flip flops. We had those slip on water sports shoes & I strongly recommend getting some. That said, there were plenty of people walking in flip flops & going in bare footed. Now to the falls themselves. The 1st dip was freezing, but it is mountain water so no surprise there, and it was actually quite welcome on a very hot day like the day we went. You quickly get used to it though & it is a very enjoyable experience. If you are not a confident & above average swimmer I would urge caution about trying to swim to the falls in some of the smaller pools as you get stuck behind other swimmers which means having to tread water against the flow whilst waiting to get to the rocks en-route. I'd say most adult/teen age swimmers could do it with ease. There are areas of shallow water about the park so young kids and those not too good at swimming still have access to the water amongst the wonderful scenery. All in all it is an excellent day out & I would thoroughly recommend it. The only issue I did have was the changing facilities. There is a small changing room just by the entrance but most people are in their swimming costumes befoehand. The issue I had was that we needed to get changed out of our swimming gear in the park & had to use the loos. Trying to get changed next to the urinals whilst hiding behind the open door means risking those outside getting an eyeful if you stumble forward whilst putting on your boxers like I nearly did lol. BUT....that was a very minor issue that took nothing away from the day itself. The falls are wonderful, the overall setting beautiful & I will wholeheartedly endorse this as a day out. We ended our trip in the small, but wonderful mountain town of Guadalest, but that is for a seperate review.

Visit the falls if you can. You won't regret it. And don't worry if you are a fatty like me as I can promise you you will not be the only one there Lol

3  Thank Doug239