We stayed for a long weekend at the start of April. The hotel were very fast to respond to my email queries before the holiday. We arrived very late at night (1.30am) but reception very speedily unpacked our car, took us an our bags to the room, and then parked the car for us. They also unpacked our skis from the car and put them in the ski room so they were ready for us the next day.
During our stay we had breakfast at the hotel. This was very luxurious and nice, however, the bacon was quite often under cooked, we're not fans of 'rare' bacon! Everything else was delicious though.
We didn't eat or drink at the hotel because it was too expensive (£15 for a gin and tonic!!!) and the buffet dinner was 60 euros per person not including drinks.
The hotel is at the very top of the town it is seriously handy for ski in ski out (might be bit challenging at the start/eng of the season for beginners though as it's quite narrow).
It is about ten mins walk to the centre of VT where there are loads of lovely (reasonably priced!) restaurants.
We left the hotel very early in the morning but the hotel kindly brought the car out and packed our skis for us.
The rooms were stunning, especially the bathrooms however
- our apple air didn't work for all functions
- the wet room bathroom gets everythint wet but the underfloor heating dries it off fairly fast!
Overall a lovely hotel, worth the expense for the location, breakfast and the lovely rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Koh-I Nor, located at the summit of Val Thorens, invites you for a unique experience in the highest resort of the 3 Vallees ski area.The Hotel Koh-I Nor, at 2 364 m, is the highest hotel in Europe in the highest ski resort in Europe. At the top of the resort, ski-in/ski-out, the Hotel Koh-I Nor enjoys an exceptional location with a magic view on Val Thorens and its extraordinary “white circus” and landscape.The architecture’s choices were guided to allow a maximum of light to invade the premises. The natural light is everywhere present, in the rooms with large windows and in all hotels’ areas.The Hotel Koh-I Nor is offering a full light sensation.Above the Hotel Koh-I Nor is the mountain and the sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Koh-I Nor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.