Hotel Le Sherpa - Val Thorens
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Langley Hotel Tango(Val Thorens)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Koh-I Nor(Val Thorens)
  • Breakfast included
Residence les Neves(Val Thorens)
  • Spa
Hotel 3 Vallees(Val Thorens)
Hotel FitzRoy(Val Thorens)
  • Restaurant
Val Chaviere Hotel(Val Thorens)
Marmotte Hotel(Val Thorens)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscheese trolleydessert buffetlocal specialitiessuperior rooms aretraditional hotelshort uphill walkwell run family hoteljacuzzi and saunalovely family runcomfortable loungeraclettelog fireski roomsun terracebooked through crystalfrench cuisinerestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been back again and again to this charming and cozy ski-in, ski-out hotel with a helpful and friendly staff. The food (deemed a 5 star hotel) is excellent, with very generous helpings. The hotel is well located with a great view. When the weather permits, a nice lunch, or drinks on the deck is a must.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the slopes or rooms on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LEE-DAUVOIS
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I travel a lot and let me tell you that this hotel is THE PLACE TO BE!!!

The rooms are clean, the food is outstanding and the atmosphere is relaxed and very charming. The lounge and bar area with its central fire place provides a cozy relaxed area to unwind after a day skiing. The view over the station and valley is breathless.

The staff is extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble was for them. They are always willing to assist us.

We also spent New Year’s Eve there and the atmosphere was just crazy, the staff even did a choreography for us. I lost my mobile phone and everybody (not only the staff but also the other customers) helped me to find it. I could not believe it!

I can only recommend you this hotel. It really felt like home and we will definitively come back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Elodie L
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to Val Thorens 16 times and have stayed at various hotels and self catering units. This is by far the best hotel I have ever used in Val Thorens. The family who owns the hotel takes a "hands on" approach and it shows. The rooms are clean, the dinners are outstanding, the atmosphere is relaxed and the staff are extremely helpful. The lounge and bar area with it's central fire place provides a cozy relaxed place to unwind after a days skiing. The only negatives for this hotel were that 1. the wifi in the rooms is very slow and not very reliable and 2. during dinner, the waiters would sometimes be so busy that they would forget to tend your table. Consequently time between courses would be excessive (once 30 minutes after we had already finished our course). Aside from these small problems this hotel is now my hotel of choice in Val Thorens. I will definitely be using this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Robert H
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pleasant, cosy hotel with friendly staff. Nice lounging area. Good food. Wifi up until the top floor. Not very near the piste, but quiet because of that. Ideal for couples. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maarten-Celine
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went on the first day of the ski season and benefited from an early season discount for half board. This included 4 day ski pass in Val Thorens (not the 3 Valleys which had not opened). The hotel was quiet, the rooms very adequate and the lounge area (free wifi) had an open fire and lovely atmosphere with a bar area at the rear.
The evening meal was a real highlight - real creative french cuisine.
This is an excellent family run hotel - highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family