“disappointing”

Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Tignes
london
“disappointing”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

having already staying at this hotel earlier in the year I am really disappointed with the standards dropping! when I stayed in beginning of January everything was perfect for us we had spotless rooms with an amazing view on the fourth floor and the bar was full laughter and the restaurant was efficient however upon arrival this time customer services was a disgrace and to be honest that continued all week. the girl with blonde hair was rude to guests and staff, I was waiting to book an viva treatment and she just ignored me on Facebook this is not how you run a hotel!! then we went into welcome drinks and it just looked chaotic so we left and sat in the pool area which was not clean!! we went into dinner expecting the same standard of food and service as previously received however this was not true, we waited 40 minutes for our starters and then it was cold. I have never tasted such crap in my life no taste to anything just mush! and the waitresses didn't want to be there. the lack of restaurant manager was obvious and then I got chatting to a girl with blonde hair who then informed me she had left which was then made it very clear they had no clue. management needs sorting! anyway so management never seemed to be around when there was an issue and no one wanted to talk to me when I wanted to complain. I mean it took me 6 hours to get toilet roll and clean towels. why couldn't the girl on reception do it instead of writing it down and going back on Facebook? the only good thing about my holiday this time round was the entertainment and bar services. I will not be returning until I know this hotel is sorted out. the food standard has dropped slightly but the fact the restaurant is dirty and unorganised is appalling. i want to agree that the staff are happy and cheerful but unfortunately from January to February the characters have left and these are just like watching wet paint dry.bring back kath, mel & dany.

Room Tip: forth floor south facing
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed mid December 2012. The staff as ever, we're excellent. The room was beyond basic, noisy ( next to stair well with fire door broken for first few days so banged shut all the time) carpet filthy, room tiny. I understand the rooms vary greatly in the hotel and some have been refurb ed. Bar stank of sewage all week. Food served was tiny portions and staff showed inflexibility even refusing a scoop of ice cream to a guest who was Ill in bed and hadn't had a dinner!
This hotel is very overpriced at full price and only worth going if there is a deal to be had. The position of the hotel is great. The staff were excellent. In particular the ski hosts and waiting staff. Lower ground rooms and first floor rooms in dire need of refurb.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Stellafionacoton
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The cheerful, helpful staff and the excellent food made our stay very acceptable. Breakfast, afternoon 'tiffins' and dinner were all of high standard. As much wine as you like at dinner was also a pleasant surprise too! Our room #309 was not spacious but just adequate and quiet. Bathroom lacked an extractor fan and there was an overall absence of hooks for hanging clothes. Room TV did not work all week - due to absence of a signal, apparently - and WiFi could not be pickup either. The sauna was good but the steam room was not functioning and looked as if it had not done so for a while. The adjacent showers did not all work. So these minor irritations need to be fixed to avoid others commenting similarly. Again, lovely staff made such a difference!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday at Percee, it was excellent stay the food was excellent and the staff were friendly, enthusiastic and informative and they all worked hard to entertain you and look after you all
and the location just perfect all in all we had a great time and will definately be booking another Winter /Summmer Mark Warner holiday again. Thanks guys @ girls !! especially Matt, Gilly,and Sean and all the restaurant girls who worked tirelssly.

Room Tip: "Rooms starting with the numbers (400) for best views".
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom P
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family and I had a great time at the Percee during January 2013. Food was amazing, rooms were recently refitted with very modern showers, ski hosting was fantastic and we tried all the groups; leisurely, intermediate and fast.
The evening entertainments were great and all the Mark Warner staff were friendly and welcoming.
My kids 10 and 13 both loved all aspects of the holiday.
The skiing was fab, we made some good friends, mainly due to the ski hosting which I gather is under pressure from a challenge by the French and ESF in particular. Hopefully this will get sorted out as ski hosting is an important part of our holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim999ski
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

As Mark Warner is a premium brand with prices to match I had very high expectations. I was slightly disappointed, although I still had a great holiday. The hotel is in a fabulous location with easy and quick access to a variety of lifts. It is also in quite a pretty part of Tignes. In such a great resort if the snow is good it would be hard not to have a good time on piste.

The staff were generally enthusiastic but they are all very young, and unfortunately display a lack of maturity when it came to dealing with minor problems and queries. My overall impression was that a degree of complacency had set in on Mark Warner's part in terms of what guests paying premium prices expect to get for their money.

Also, some of the rooms need serious updating, as earlier reviewers have mentioned.

If I had paid 20% less for this I would have expected less and been extremely satisfied.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank TaxChic
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had a great time staying at the Aiguille, the staff were all very friendly and helpful and the food was amazing. Being a vegetarian I was a bit worried about what the menu would be like, but there was absolutely no need for worry, the chef’s had prepared an excellent menu and clearly had put effort into making vegetarian meals. As mentioned I found the staff to be great and they were always happy to have a chat and give advice on where to go out etc. The manager Matt was also very pleasant and helpful giving me some tips on the best places to ski. As for the room, although a bit dated I wasn’t overly bothered as I was in Tignes for the snow and only spent a short amount of time in the room. The location of the hotel is perfect, you literally have the slopes, shops and restaurants on the doorstep what more can you ask for! Overall, I had a great experience at the Aiguille and would definitely stay again. Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tignes
Hotel l'Ecrin du Val Claret
#38 of 42 in Courmayeur
Hotel Village Montana
Hotel Village Montana
#2 of 37 in Tignes

Been to L'Aiguille Percee? Share your experiences!