“Warm, hospitable and very well run.”

Hotel Les Campanules
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Tignes
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a warm, friendly, hospitable hotel. My family and I had a mezzanine room and a twin room and we were entirely happy with both. As with all good hotels the owners/managers kept a high profile. All the staff were efficient, well trained, and friendly and maintained a very comfortable relaxed atmosphere for their guests. The food on our half board arrangement was quite exceptional and the bar and restaurant service was prompt and attentive. We greatly enjoyed the seafood buffet, fondue, Chinese/Japanese buffet and the amazing cheese buffet. Well earned praise to the chef and his team. The heated ski/boot room lockers were very useful. The spa and outdoor pool were excellent and we enjoyed relaxing in the warm pool after skiing. The hotel is very clean and the rooms well serviced by the courteous housekeepers. I would very much like to stay again and would recommend the hotel to my friends without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Our mezzanine was very comfortable and had a great view over the lake and mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank William G

Reviewed March 9, 2014

A previous review says a similar thing to this and I wished I had listened. This hotel is fantastic, great room, location and staff, but do not book through crystal. I have noted comments on the crystal element below in case you are just looking for the hotel feedback...

It is decorated perfectly, has a great lounge area to serve drinks and nibbles. Spa is nice, but small. This hotel stands out because of two things its staff and the food, both are truly special. The rooms are nice with a bath (must after a days skiing). They are cosy but arent all ski rooms? There is a locker for your ski stuff and its a very short walk to the slopes. I will return and book directly.

Why not to book through crystal...
They add nothing to the experience apart from hassle. The transfer was over 5 hours long getting there, and they allowed the same time back so I have to get up in the middle of the night for a 11:35 departure. This was despite being promised it was 2.5 hrs. They provide ski passes and lessons at exactly the same cost as if you organise it yourself which takes two minutes. Our only interaction with them was so they can try and sell you things. On my last day the rep knocked on my door for the feedback form, I said Im in the bath. He then returns five minutes later, I get out and answer. He said Im waiting for the feedback form, I say Im a bit busy can I give it to you on the coach in the morning...no I need it now, he replied. I simply ticked any box just to get rid of him, CRYSTAL if you are listening this is not the way to get customer feedback.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TT822014
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Can't add much more to the other reviews. The Hotel and the staff are fantastic. Great location, great facilities, especially the open air pool overlooking the slopes and lake. Only negative was booking with Crystal.

We stayed over new year and the Hotel threw a gala dinner followed by a party. All very French (not surprisingly). The food was fantastic - fine dining every night.

On to the Bad - Crystal Holidays. If you can I would book direct, sort out your own flights and more importantly your own transfers to and from the airport. We landed at Chambery at 1pm ish, then spent almost 3 hours waiting for our coach at the airport, only to arrive in Tignes around 7pm. The Crystal reps had no idea what was going on. It was as if the Say before new year had taken them by complete surprise. A similar story on the way back with a 5 hour coach ride to Chambery. They just treat you like cattle !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BristolPhead
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Having made a last minute booking with Campanules, we arrived to the friendliest of welcomes, the lady who greeted us was just lovely, helpful and looked genuine in her welcome. She strongly advised us to use their spa, which was excellent, with an outside heated (very warm) pool, with great views of the the mountains. The waiter service was very friendly and helpful, without being intrusive, remembering us from the night before when we came down for a very full breakfast.

Truly a lovely bunch of people, with a very nice hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan T
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just spent New Year at this Hotel, 7days family of 5 self drive. Really was excellent, the owners are very hands on, full time, their staff are all really good, the restaurant is faultless, we were half board and could not have wished for more, small though decent wine list, decor, comfort, service all really good, at least one of the Brothers and their wives are on duty all the time and they have good attention to detail, there is a really nice pool, hammam, sauna that just finish the day off nicely, we all certainly recommended this Hotel and would not hesitate in returning to Hotel Campanules, Tignes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank paumart
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Can't fault this hotel at all. Great location, amazing food, brilliant staff and a gorgeous pool over looking the town/slopes. I would deffinatley recommend this hotel. The cheese table they have with dinner is one the the best I have ever seen and tasted.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tegsy1
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon the week before Christmas after doing lots of research on where we could go early in the season and travelling mid week.

We had a bad start after our flight was delayed causing us to miss our bus from geneva. This meant we didn't arrive till getting on for nearly 11pm

Monsieur Reymond was on hand to welcome us and offered us a 'cold plate' which we agreed to in our room. Wow. I was expecting a bit a meat and cheese. What we got was this plus lobster tails, king prawns, mackerel followed by chocolate torte. And this just set the precedent for the week to come.

We had the mezzanine suite which was lovely - a huge bed on the mezzanine, a nice lounge area downstairs, a balcony which we turned into our personal bar and a nice bathroom with L'Occitane products. There were TVs downstairs and upstairs though we didn't really use them.

The skiing was fab - lovely and quiet - and we'd finish every day with a dip in the heated outdoor pool, a jacuzzi and occasional sauna or steam room.

The rooms include lovely fluffy dressing gowns and slippers - so handy for getting to and from spa!!

There are also ski lockers which have heaters in for your boots. They are individual to your room and use the same key as your room - so no worries about your equipment.

Now, the food. Mmmm. We were half board which wasn't cheap but when you see what you get - and the cost of EVERYTHING over there - it seemed a bargain by the end of the week. The breakfasts were plentiful, hot bacon and eggs, continental selections with fresh croissants and different breads, lots of juice and copious ranges of tea and coffee. Plus a lovely view out of the window!

At dinner you always have the same table, great service and the food was lovely. Often there were themes ie Asian night, seafood night, but there was always a choice and everything was great- tuna steak, steak twice, fondue, salmon fillet, duck breast etc etc - beautifully presented and perfectly cooked (if you don't mind rare!!! But they do ask - though u don't always get!!)

Every night was 3 or 4 courses- I literally didn't feel a twinge of hunger all week there was so much! The crowning glory was the cheese 'board' which was a hole table.

Oh a little note - Monsieur Reymond organised our lift passes- you are spitting distance from the office but it was one less thing to think about.

The only thing we could find to fault (after much conversation) was the path to the slopes- don't get me wrong, it is easy, but it is also steep and part of it isn't patched like the rest and could do with being gritted or something dipping to it - hairy in ski boots on the way down - but my lovely new husband carried my skis making it manageable! Had I small children I think we'd have to walk the long way round or risk a bumped bum!

Would I return or recommend this hotel? 100%!

Thanks to Monsieur Reymond and the team