“Summer fun in tignes”

Ranked #5 of 27 things to do in Tignes
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Summer fun in tignes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

All went white water rafting, the youngest of us age 10. The older travellers went on the full ride and the under 12 joined half way down. Went over rapids, swam in river and jumped off bridges. Exhilarating! All arranged by evolution2 fantastic and worth every penny. Definitely recommend to all. And our guide spoke english, French and Italian which was very handy.

Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“very good teachers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

6 first time skiers and we all loved it. prompt in the morning and always made you feel like you was confident of your ability

1 Thank thejeffs1
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great instructor and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

As a total beginner skier, I was initially keen on booking group lessons as they do offer good value for money. However, being late in the season, there wasn't enough interest to make this viable. Evolution 2 were really good on email - very upfront about the situation with group lessons becoming unlikely and kept in touch to update me.

I ended up booking private lessons (two 2 hour and one 1 hour lesson over first three days) and as a goodwill gesture Evolution offered a small discount.

My instructor (Sylvain) was excellent. He was really encouraging but always took things at my pace and, crucially, was expert at knowing where I was at - when I felt nervous or when I was ready to progress to the next level. I was near parallel by the of three days and able to join the rest of my group (not beginners) on green and blue runs at the end of the week (albeit with plenty of falling!). I ended up being really glad for the private lessons as I didn't have to deal with having my confidence knocked by those much better than me or be held back by those less quick to learn. Because I was the only beginner in my group of friends the private lessons meant I progressed more quickly which made it worth the extra money. I have heard group lessons are really fun and I will probably opt for group intermediate lessons next time I go skiing now that I have the basics.

Wouldn't hesitate to use Evolution 2 for future lessons and would definitely recommend.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Kids in wrong groups and instructor didn't know my sons name after a whole week of skiing with him.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked my older 12 year old into the Junior academy as he is a great skier and now needs help with his technique. He was generally pleased with his group and was definitely improved by the end of the week. He had Muriel who took them off-piste which he thoroughly enjoyed. There were however two children in the group that should not have been there (were aged below 11 - even though it was supposed to be 11-14 year olds and found it hard to keep up with the others) The didn't receive a junior academy badge at the end of the week even though they were in the group but super-yeti badges - which is what my 8 year old received in the super yeti group - so why hold the others back - they should have been put into this group on day 2 out of 6. It would have benefitted both them and the junior academy level children. Not a tough decision! I would imagine it was because of the numbers in the super yeti group. Overfilled super yeti and not enough on junior academy - so what's the point in advertising these groups if they just chuck them into a group who has fewer children?
Next, my younger son who is 8 was with Pierre all week in the Super Yeti group. He enjoyed it as he met other friends his own age and is a fun and sociable child. He however made no improvement on his skiing throughout the week but had fun with his friends. On the last day (after 6 half days 9-12 Sunday-Friday), they were given their badges in a low key presentation which was fine -but I was horrified to see that Pierre, after having him for 6 days, did not even know his name - so much so he had to ask to write it on his presentation card after the event. My son was disappointed that his name was not called out. My husband then heard him call my son by a different name.

After 6 days and 21 hours with my child I would at least expect the instructor to know his name. How can you instruct an 8 year old child without being able to call him by his name from time to time. I was very angry and made my thoughts known after the ceremony. Pierre and some side-kick were very aggressive in their response - something about his name written wrongly on the application form - which it wasn't - but he had him for a week face to face- so should at least have been able to say it and call it out - but he couldn't! (it's not hard - even if he couldn't spell it). Incredible - if my son got into trouble on the mountain - who would know how to call him by name? Left me with a lot of thoughts...

I would not use them again. I felt Pierre had no interest in the children or their level of improvement - he just took them to the top and skied to the bottom with no real instruction per child. They were just his money making exercise.

I also spoke to another parent previous to this who had a bad experience with another instructor - so much so that he called her a 'nasty piece of work'!

Never again - a bad and aggressive attitude to you if you are English speaking and have a problem with them which was plainly obvious in their response ...

My husband and I were on a specialist clinic with TDC - no complaints - great. Next time I will use Oxygene for the children. I used evolution 2 because they were cheaper and the website looked impressive - never again - the safety and needs of my children will come first next time.

One of a few very disgruntled parents.

London UK
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Much better than ESF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was the second time we'd used Evo2 and again they taught the kids well. One learnt to snowboard in 3 days and the other improved his skiing technique, so I would definitely use them again. Others in our chalet used ESF and switched to private lessons as the class sizes were too large. Evo2 have max 8 per class and it really makes a difference even though it is more expensive.