“Amazed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Alliance Snowboard School
More attraction details
Owner description: Alliance snowboarding has been dissolved.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

There is a real prospect that I have had more snowboarding lessons than anyone else alive. On and off over 20 years I have made what might be described as "gentle" progress. 5 days with Simon took me from wobbling off a chairlift to turning on a black slope and getting about as much air as a podgy 47 year old has any reason to expect.

In my time I've had instructors that range from woeful to effective. Simon was inspirational.He combines a gift for clear explication with an utterly infectious enthusiasm.I would have been more than satisfied with the progress I made. The fun was a welcome bonus.

Visited February 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hands on advice from someone who can shred! Great team and great to be taught by passionate people! Looked at bad habits and how to push forward as a rider at my own pace.

1 Thank Tom G
Wigan, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent instruction & lots of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Renelle was a fantastic instructor - she catered to the individual needs of the group and really helped me to improve my technique. She also made sessions fun by mixing it up and teaching us lots of tricks - I had a great time!

Visited April 2013
Newcastle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Renelle has the patience of a saint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I attended group level 2l lessons and was scared of everything and Renelle was great, kept encouraging me and kept me calm when I was starting to freak out. I got so frustrated at not being able to grasp it as quick as I had wanted to and was ready to quit, Renelle said `we don't quit`we`re a team` I fully intended not attending my last lesson but after she said that I completed the lesson and linked turns on a red run!
Couldn't recommended Alliance enough:)

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Snowboarding lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent tuition! My boyfriend and I have just got back from a week in Tignes & choose Alliance Snowboard School for our lessons. Both of us were complete beginners, but with some excellent coaching we managed a couple of blue runs by the end of the week. Big thanks to Simon, who is brilliant and made the lessons really fun and also to Rory who was shadowing him for the week, which was great for us to have some extra help!
Couldn't recommend them more & will definitely book level 2 when we go back next year!

1 Thank HallyHols