“Brilliant hotel chalet. Ignore anyone that says otherwise!”
Review of Chalet Hotel Aigle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tignes
Chalet Hotel Aigle
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Tignes
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I stayed in the Chalet Hotel Aigle between 28 Jan and 5 Feb with my partner. It was the first time that I'd stayed in a chalet that actually matches the brochure description exactly. We booked 6 days before we left so paid half the brochure price which was an absolute bargain. I would definately pay more to go again. We got the early flight so got to the hotel at lunch time. We were greeted by Gemma, the hotel manager who was brilliant all week as were the rest of the staff plus plenty of cake and coffee. Nothing was too much trouble and they were really helpful. Breakfast is cooked every day, even on their day off (proper portions too, not one sausage and one bacon rasher like other places we've been too). There's also the usual continetal options available. The afternoon tea with a never ending supply of tea/coffee/hot chocolate was great for when you get back. Evening meals were restaurant standard in my opinion. The local wines you get to choose from are very drinkable too! We stayed in a small twin and yes it was small but plenty of space for clothes (although not many hangers). Use a soft case so you can put it under the ned too. Rooms were cleaned every day if you wanted. The sauna was great in the afternoons. The pool is quite small and a bit chilly but very clean etc. The chalet is absolutely ski in, within 2 metres of the boot room. Free Wi-fi in the living area too. Ski out is a very short walk to part of a red run - but it's gentle down to the Chaudanne lift. It was a 5 minute downhill walk into town but we didn't venture out much although there were plenty of bars around if that's what you're after. Being up the hill, you didn't get the evening noise which meant a good night's sleep was had.

We only tried one evening activity - the ice karting. It was really good fun, racing in teams of 4 but note, you can go independantly for less money! Only downside was that the boot heaters didn't work in the boot room. We just took our boots up to our room with us in the evening. That's my only negative. Overall, great resort, great hotel and great staff. Tignes is definately a great place to go. Careful on the black run back into La Lac though. We saw ambulances almost every day!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Chalet Hotel Aigle

Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed here with 5 friends, we are aged from 26-30.. This chalet hotel is fantastic. We did a last minute deal so we got a deal but even so i would still reccomend this chalet. Ill start with all the great points, food was unbelieveable.. usually you get good food in chalet hotels if you pay a good price for your holiday but this food was great and there was choices for each course. Also the free wine also had choices from a wine menu.. i dont drink wine but friends assured me it was nice! All the staff were great and couldnt do enough for us and the other guests.. great lounge area with sky tv.. great bar with Owen who is a grear barman. Swimming pool and sauna area were very nice after a long day on the slopes.. location is good to the town only 5 mins walk.. ski in yes and to ski out is a few minutes walk onto the side of a piste.. skiing in can be tricky but if you cant manage it you canjust slide down on your bum. The chalet manager and cleaning and dinner staff were really good and friendly.. rooms arent huge but they are fine, shower was nice and always cleaned well. Id recommend this to all my friends. Tignes is a great town with easy access to adjoining towns. My only gripes would be how fantastic it would be if they added a jaquzzi and if they could possibly soften up the matresses which were a bit hard! All in all i loved my time there, great staff, great location, great bar, lounge, rooms, great time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank fowler23
Reviewed January 8, 2011

We stayed for a fully catered week in Tignes, France with the sole purpose of skiing. Staying in this chalet gave us so much more than skiing.
Pro’s
The chalet is great value for money, clean, modern and sound proofed unlike many other skiing hotels we have stayed in.
Skiworld were honest about the size of the rooms and the shared balcony so we were actually pleasantly surprised when we got there as it was plenty big enough for two (room 23) and was decked out with cosy furniture.
Location, you are pretty much able to ski in and out of the chalet. If you want to get to the Palafour/Aeroski you need to walk about 3 minutes (turn right as you come out of the chalet, past the Residence Almes 1) and ski down to the lifts.
The chalet offers tea, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit all day every day. The fruit had seen better days by the end of the week but if we had eaten it quicker they would probably have replaced it. We were too full up after the dinners.
Food was the biggest surprise to us. Dinner is served between 7.30 and 8.30pm every night. You are free to sit were you want – as we were only a two we sat next to a number of other guests. This was great as we met some great people and ended up going to the organised pub quiz together, staying late in the bar at night socialising together and celebrating New Year together in the main “square”. I think this aspect was a real positive to the holiday if you are a sociable couple. Getting back to the food, and the long suffering chefs! We were given two choices for every course, every night. The menu covered lamb shank, salmon, chicken, duck and pork (I am a meat eater but there were yummy sounding vegetarian options also). I have an allergy also and they were extremely accommodating and well prepared for me. If you were not too full after the canapés, starters, mains and puddings there was cheese and biscuits after every meal.
Wine – plentiful and not too bad for complimentary wine.
Breakfast was great with a choice of porridge, fry up and continental every day and cakes in the afternoon.
You may wonder why but we also came back for lunch on occasions and popped into the spar on the way home. The chef, despite being busy, bought out butter and knives for us to help with our picnic making. This may not sound much but it was always done with a smile and an offer of further help.
Staff at the chalet were all very helpful, friendly and courteous, not to mention hard working.
Air-conditioning in the rooms was great and very effective.
Satellite TV, newspapers, cards and games in the lounge were there to enjoy with a beer before dinner.
Con’s (and I need to point out that none of these would prevent me from going again or recommending to friends)
Living and dining area soooohhh hot. Take shorts and some flip flops!
Heated ski boot room was just a ski boot room – heated shelves were not working
Nightlife is generally in Val Claret not Tignes, but there is a free bus available day and night
Should have booked ski lessons online before I went as Ski World had limited links with British ski schools. I went with ESF in the end and was in a class with 12 other people which I felt was a little large but Monique was great and spoke very good English. I would certainly not say to avoid ESF as they were very experienced and friendly but I would have probably had more fun in a British based class. I believe their groups are smaller as well.
To conclude, Tignes is great for skiing, Aigle is a great place to stay and we had the best ski break we have ever had.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MariellaBritain
Reviewed April 25, 2010

A well-run Skiworld chalet hotel, reasonably well-located in Tignes le Lac (5 mins walk to pistes and shops). Ski-guiding for competent skiers. Good food. Vegetarian offering every meal. Better quality wine at dinner (very drinkable). Sky TV in lounge area can be a bonus or an irritant depending on your point of view. No TVs in rooms. I'm told the small pool and the sauna were fine. Free Wi-Fi access was down. Rooms are quite small (40cm separates twin beds) and simple but clean and adequate. Shared balconies with mountain views over buildings. Convenient ski/boot room with primitive boot warming and no ski racks.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Having stayed in ski resorts for close to 17 yrs now I am used to basic accommodation and expect that from a cheaper holiday... however this hotel has been rated a 4* hotel with superior decor and that is why we decided to pay the extra and go for the luxury hotel.... Sadly this is not what we have got.
The room is TINY! I have never stayed in such a small room EVER even on ski holidays that have cost me £400 LESS... and basic would be me being generous about the decor. The beds are horrible. Cheap, hard as nails mattresses. For a bedroom for 2 people we were provided with 8 hangers... and not even nice hangers that match.. a real mishmash of misshapen metal and plastic ones.. no thought put in to that at all. There is no room to store the suitcases under the beds so they have to be stored in the bedroom, which makes moving around the room a challenge.... Cheap towels provided and a tiny bottle of l'occitane shower gel provided... Just what I wanted to pay almost £1000 for!. There are open storage shelves... unpacking our cases was a challenge... the storage available wouldn't be enough for 1 person, let alone 2....
Vin chaud on arrival was promised, ski rental brought to the chalet was mentioned.... Vin chaud never materialized and we had to go and get our own ski's...
Chatting to a few other people in the bar, they are also very upset with the size of the rooms for the price we have paid.... Don't go on the pictures on skiworld or skisolutions websites... there has been some very clever photography tricks used to make it look nice...
I am throughly disappointed and wish I had just gone with a mid range chalet rather than this... because we have paid for luxury and got budget-mid chalet...
We haven't had a meal or the wine yet (this is supposed to be of higher quality than usual so I wait with baited breath to see if at least something turns out to be what we have paid the extra for... I'll update! Stay tuned!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ski-bunny1971
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We were a large group of 21 on a ski holiday. From the moment we arrived we were warmly greeted by Sam, the Manager. We all agreed that Sam was THE most amazing Manager, very hands on and always around to help and make sure our stay was a good one. The larger rooms on third floor were great.. The children loved the pool and the adults likewise enjoyed the sauna. The breakfasts were plentiful with a hot choice everyday and the evening meals delicious - 3 courses with wine and cheese. Hot water for tea and fresh coffee available all day. Lovely cakes served every afternoon. Good having a bar! Ski in, just about, and a few minutes walk to slope to ski out. Chamberey the nearest airport. Couldn't have asked for a better stay!

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Stayed here with Skiworld in large group of 24 with 13 children. Skiworld staff at the chalet very helpful and accomodating, food on the whole very good and the staff were happy to serve childrens dinner 2 hours before the adults and to order. Ski in virtually to the front door which was a winner. Small swimming pool in basement a welcome distraction for children after ski-ing. Ski hire organised at nearby Intersport very quick and effecient with a high standard of equipmant.Only negative were some very small rooms/beds.

• Stayed: April 2009