All reviews ski room skyline restaurant ski instructor grand massif guest relations ski school oysters chef de village ski shop buffet restaurant outdoor jacuzzi evening entertainment double sinks main bar interconnecting rooms non smokers wrist band system
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019

Fabulous resort and excellent ski school!!! All-in pricing (except for ski rental) made the experience convenient and trouble free. Grand Massif sunsets are stunning.- the sun sets very late!!! Found it very easy to make friends with fellow guests.

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Grand Massif Samoens Morillon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello HRT2664,

We are delighted to hear about the unforgettable time you had in our Grand Massif resort. It's amazing to hear about the great time you had in resort and on the slopes.

Can't wait to welcome you again :)

Reviewed April 27, 2019

My husband and I took a vacation here at the beginning of April. It was our first time snowboarding so we were super excited about that. Let me just start by saying that I am pretty sure we had one of the most AMAZING instructor for our beginning course. He was AWESOME! Just a fun knowledgable guy who was literally there for us everytime we fell (and it was a lot...haha). I think having him as our instructor was really the best part of the vacation. His name was Bertron and he went above and beyond, even taking our group down into town for a little tour after our lessons.

As for the resort itself, we do not stay at too many all inclusive places, but if I had to compare to the others we were at, this was be at the way bottom. We have stayed at all inclusive resorts in Mexico that we paid a quarter of the price for that were much better.

However, if I had to compare it to other European hotels (lets face it, the hotels in Europe are not really that great compared to other parts of the world.....), I would say it was a very good resort. It was super clean and the staff was always smiling and greeting us. The food was not the best, but it wasn't terrible. It was presented very beautifully, but sadly, it looked better than it tasted. There was a lot of food choices for children too. I do wish that there were more drink choices with dinner for non alcohol drinkers.

There was just one big issue that really bothered me. The heater in our room, you cannot control it yourself. You are not allowed to shut it off if the room gets too hot. Our heater ran ALL night on the lowest setting we could get it (it said 16 celcius, but it was much hotter as it never stopped running.) After the first night, I went to the front desk and told them I want to shut off my heat in my room as I would rather it cold as I cannot sleep when its that hot. They told me they cannot shut it off and that its set to save energy. I am all about saving energy and we always do our part, I believe I paid too much money to not be able to control the temperature in my room. After day 2 of no sleep because of the heat, I went to the front and demanded they turn it off. They said they sent someone to the room and said they fixed it (we were on the slopes all day so we were not there to witness them fixing it). Night 3, the damn heater starts running at 11pm and my room is hot as hell again. called down to the front, they said they coulding do anything. I finally told them that if they don't fix it, I was going to leave. That Thursday morning I was getting ready to leave, bags under my eyes from not sleeping but a few hours in 4 nights, and told them we were leaving. They appologized and told me it would be fixed it. They sent a man to the room to take the screw out of the control dial so I could turn the heat off. Thursday night, I finally was able to sleep for the first time through the night at a reasonable temperature. I was very pissed and asked them to take the screw out preventing me from turning the knob to the lowest setting to shut it off ON THE FIRST NIGHT! They refused to do it so I spend the first 4 days of my trip tired as hell and cranky from lack of sleep.

Overall,it wasn't the worst place I have ever stayed. The snowboarding was really fun and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the resort. There were a lot of people there, but the rooms were very quiet and we really enjoyed the peace when we were alone. I do not think I would stay with Club Med anymore as I do not want to be put in the situation where I cannot control the temperature of my own room. Every body is different and they shouldn't force us to be uncomfy for days when its somethign that is easily fixed.

But, if you are okay with someone telling you what temperature your body should be, you will like the resort. :)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear americansabroad,

I am sorry to hear your holiday did not live up to your expectations. We would like nothing more but to discuss it directly with you.

Please feel free to contact us at customer.uk@clubmed.com. We will be happy to help you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 26, 2019

We have returned to Australia after the most amazing week at Club Med Grand Massif Samoens Morillon. I cannot thank the staff enough for making our trip with 4 children for our wedding anniversary the highlight of our trip to France. Even though our littlest boy, 3 years of age, unfortunately came down with gastro on our last day, I can honestly say this was the best holiday ever. The medical staff, especially Dr Morand and his assistant Adrien, the reception staff and our wonderful housekeeper Francesca were absolutely lifesaving when our son was ill. Also, 3 of our 4 children attended petit club/mini club/passworld and they all had a fabulous time. Especially our littlest, Christopher - the petit club staff led by Pauline provided the best and most loving kids club we had ever seen. Again, I cannot thank the staff enough and it's an absolute credit to Club Med - what a team of GOs you have at Club Med Samoens!! It was our first experience of Club Med and we were thrilled. Thank you so very much - I can't wait to return when we can!!

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Grand Massif Samoens Morillon, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Hello amyc00ke,

It's so nice to hear about the best ski holiday you had in our Grand Massif resort. It's amazing to read your children had a lot of fun !

We will of course let our GOs know about your very kind words ! Can't wait to welcome you and your family again ;)

Reviewed April 23, 2019

Just got back from Club Med Grand Massif where we stayed during the first week of April and it was such a good trip. I can not fault the hotel at all. It has the perfect ski in ski out location and I the skiing on offer in the area was great. We had 48cm of snow the day we arrived which certainly helped but on top of all the off piste on offer I as really impressed with the on piste skiing as well. The Grand Massif is such a nice area and the fact that it is only an hour or so from Geneva airport make it so easy to get too.

I have stayed in quite a few Club Med hotels and they never let me down but this one was exceptional. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with smiling facing and helpful staff and the food on offer was easily up to the high standards I have come to expect from Club Med. The speciality restaurant on the top floor of the hotel was a real highlight. You have to make sure you book a table for the night/nights you want to dine up there as it gets booked up but it is well worth it. And 100% worth skiing back to the hotel for lunch on the terrace up there as well. We were told there was no need to book for lunch and sure enough we just rocked up and were treated to great food and whatever drinks we wanted from the bar. 2 Aperol Spritz later and a full tummy and we were back on the slopes.

The spa area was also great. Stunning views from the hot tub and the pool but my favourite was the steam room. Plenty of space and ideal for soothing the aches of the day. They do have a sauna as well but I am not really one for saunas.

I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying there! I am hoping to go back next year.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Grand Massif Samoens Morillon, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Hello AdeSkiRussell,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, we could not be more grateful about it. We are so glad to hear about the great time you had in resort and on the slopes !

We can't wait to welcome you again for another great Club Med experience ;)

Reviewed April 23, 2019

We had an amazing time at ClubMed Grand Massif. It was our first ski holiday and we couldnt have asked for anything more. Everything was perfect for our family - ski lessons, kids club, entertainment, food, room etc. The staff were brilliant and the lovely weather was the icing on the cake :)
We would whole heartedly recommend Club Med Grand Massif for first time skiiers with young children. Ours were 9 and 5 but there were lots of families with younger children and the setting is ideal to get some ski time while children are being looked after or learning to ski themselves.
A special mention to our ski instructors - Veronique, Pierre and Yann. There were a few beginner groups so dont be reluctant to change groups if you think your group isnt the right one for your abilities.
Everyone at our 5 year old's mini club were great. He used to stay back for lunch with his friends and that shows how good a time he was having. The skiing in the afternoon was tiring for him but at the end of the 5 day lessons he could ski on the green slopes and was not afraid to try a blue slope.
Thank you ClubMed for an amazing holiday!

Hello smija_pook,

We are pleased to read about the great time you had in our Grand Massif resort and on the slopes ! We will of course let our GOs and ESF instructors know about the great time you had on the slopes.

Moreover, it's amazing to hear your child enjoyed the mini club. Can't wait to welcome you and your family again ;)