All reviews ski room skyline restaurant ski instructor grand massif guest relations ski school oysters chef de village ski shop buffet restaurant outdoor jacuzzi evening entertainment double sinks main bar interconnecting rooms non smokers wrist band system
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019

Just got back from Club Med Grand Massif where we stayed during the first week of April and it was such a good trip. I can not fault the hotel at all. It has the perfect ski in ski out location and I the skiing on offer in the area was great. We had 48cm of snow the day we arrived which certainly helped but on top of all the off piste on offer I as really impressed with the on piste skiing as well. The Grand Massif is such a nice area and the fact that it is only an hour or so from Geneva airport make it so easy to get too.

I have stayed in quite a few Club Med hotels and they never let me down but this one was exceptional. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with smiling facing and helpful staff and the food on offer was easily up to the high standards I have come to expect from Club Med. The speciality restaurant on the top floor of the hotel was a real highlight. You have to make sure you book a table for the night/nights you want to dine up there as it gets booked up but it is well worth it. And 100% worth skiing back to the hotel for lunch on the terrace up there as well. We were told there was no need to book for lunch and sure enough we just rocked up and were treated to great food and whatever drinks we wanted from the bar. 2 Aperol Spritz later and a full tummy and we were back on the slopes.

The spa area was also great. Stunning views from the hot tub and the pool but my favourite was the steam room. Plenty of space and ideal for soothing the aches of the day. They do have a sauna as well but I am not really one for saunas.

I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying there! I am hoping to go back next year.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Grand Massif Samoens Morillon, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Hello AdeSkiRussell,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, we could not be more grateful about it. We are so glad to hear about the great time you had in resort and on the slopes !

We can't wait to welcome you again for another great Club Med experience ;)

Reviewed April 23, 2019

We had an amazing time at ClubMed Grand Massif. It was our first ski holiday and we couldnt have asked for anything more. Everything was perfect for our family - ski lessons, kids club, entertainment, food, room etc. The staff were brilliant and the lovely weather was the icing on the cake :)
We would whole heartedly recommend Club Med Grand Massif for first time skiiers with young children. Ours were 9 and 5 but there were lots of families with younger children and the setting is ideal to get some ski time while children are being looked after or learning to ski themselves.
A special mention to our ski instructors - Veronique, Pierre and Yann. There were a few beginner groups so dont be reluctant to change groups if you think your group isnt the right one for your abilities.
Everyone at our 5 year old's mini club were great. He used to stay back for lunch with his friends and that shows how good a time he was having. The skiing in the afternoon was tiring for him but at the end of the 5 day lessons he could ski on the green slopes and was not afraid to try a blue slope.
Thank you ClubMed for an amazing holiday!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello smija_pook,

We are pleased to read about the great time you had in our Grand Massif resort and on the slopes ! We will of course let our GOs and ESF instructors know about the great time you had on the slopes.

Moreover, it's amazing to hear your child enjoyed the mini club. Can't wait to welcome you and your family again ;)

Reviewed April 21, 2019

Just back from our first week at Grand Massif and this is the first Club Med I've given 5 stars. Visited 20+ Club Meds worldwide and this is the best I've stayed at. Just brilliant in all departments, high quality finish throughout, spacious, welcoming and with a real feeling of class.

Kids Clubs well organised for all ages, our 9 year old didn't want to leave, our 5 year old found new confidence and our 1 year old was well cared for in the Baby Club.

Food excellent with some very helpful advice from the kitchen on dietary requirements - Gluten Free catering was the best we've had with Club Med.

Layout so good. Restaurant just above the kids clubs so breakfast at 8am, then a short stroll to clubs to deliver the kids. All located beside the main boot room, so adults skiing was seamless.

Couldn't fault the facilities, rooms amazing (Deluxe Interconnecting) and ski to door location was exceptional.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello froominator,

We are delighted to hear about the nice time you had in our Grand Massif resort. We are so pleased to read your children loved the kid and baby clubs.

We can't wait to welcome you and your family again ;)

Reviewed April 19, 2019

Just back from our first Club Med experience with husband and 3 children (aged 13, 10 and 8) and it was wonderful. The children had never skied before and all absolutely loved it. It even surpassed my high expectations (bar a couple of sour notes mentioned below).

Best points:
- Our inter-connecting rooms were really lovely with plenty of space, even with 3 children in one room. All very modern, luxurious and spotless with a lovely view.
- It all just worked so well - convenience of the locker rooms to the slopes was incredible. Easy to get ready with plenty of room and within a minute you’re on the slopes. We’ve been spoilt now and I can’t imagine doing it any other way!
- Quality of the food was amazing (if you’re not vegetarian- see below). So many meat and fish dishes to choose from - all cooked to an amazing standard. Lovely starter and dessert selection.
- The skiing and ESF tuition was excellent. Special mention to my instructor Nicolas who couldn’t have been better - so kind, encouraging, funny and helpful (constantly giving us all suggestions to help us improve). He was a big factor in how much I enjoyed my week of skiing after more than 20 years off the slopes!
- Airport transfers were seamless - lovely car and driver picked us up and drove very smoothly and carefully to the hotel (really appreciated as my son didn’t feel well that day) and all smooth in the coach back to the airport too.
- It was my daughter’s birthday while we were there and they gave her a lovely little gift which we really appreciated and made her feel special in the restaurant with a birthday cake (which I’d ordered in advance).

In terms of some of the criticism I’ve seen in other reviews, we had no issue at all with the distance from the rooms to the restaurant etc. even though I think our room was one of the furthest away (far end of D floor). We all found it absolutely fine. Also no issue at all with lifts - didn’t take long, we found quick ways to go and the stairs were always an easy option. No complaints at all on that front. I do think we were there at a fairly quiet time (even though it was first week of English Easter holidays) because the French schools weren’t off so it wasn’t very full - I’m not sure how different it would have been if it were full.

Now sadly the negatives and the reason not 5 stars for me. We had a wonderful week and would definitely return to Club Med but these few things were real downers for me:
1. My main worry had been not knowing what we were doing in terms of organising the skiing and unfortunately that turned out to be a justified concern. We arrived at Club Med at about 7.30pm on the Sunday and were given a nice welcome outside but inside the welcome information was minimal. We were told we needed to go to floor J to organise ski hire and ski lessons and to floor L for the restaurant. That was basically all the information we were given. Minimal direction to our room or navigation of the hotel, no mention of amenities, timings or anything else. We immediately went to organise our ski lessons and ski hire - both were straight-forward. We put our skis etc. in the lockers for the morning. I was still nervous about how everything would work in the morning and asked where we should go - they said we should all wait outside the locker room at 10 the next morning and all would be easy. Unfortunately it was not. The next morning we all went as directed outside just before 10 and it was mayhem - 100s of people everywhere and we couldn’t see any signs for our groups. Panicking we were going to miss our lessons, I asked two different ESF instructors, both of whom directed me to a hut with a big queue. I eventually discovered this was not the right place for people in Club Med but no one had told us that! The children also ended up in a non-club med group and had to eventually be transferred mid-lesson to a club med group. It was incredibly stressful. On top of that, not a single person had mentioned at check-in or when we signed up for ski lessons that the younger two children were supposed to be dropped at the mini club for their lessons. I had assumed mini club was for people who wanted to use it for childcare - I didn’t know it was how the children got to their ski lessons. When we finally located our children after their ski lesson in the mini club (without their shoes which were in our lockers!) a fairly cross mini club rep told us we should have dropped them there in the morning. But how were we supposed to know that when no one told us?! After that first morning, it all worked very smoothly but it was really stressful as a result of lack of information.
2. The second sour note was at the end of our holiday. We checked out the evening before and our invoice showed a charge for wine and food supplements charged at the table service restaurant. We explained that we had used the restaurant but hadn’t had any of the wine or meal supplements that they were charging us for. The receptionist said she’d call the restaurant come back to us. She then called our room to say she’d checked with the restaurant and they’d confirmed we had had the items charged! What the hell?! Err, no we didn’t. She told us to come and look at the receipt at reception. We went to look and it had our name and room number on the receipt but someone else’s signature. My husband said that’s not my signature and she said it must be because that’s your name and room number! It took a big argument and another visit for them to eventually agree not to charge it. I have no problem with the original error as these things happen but the way they handled it was appalling. As my husband said to them, we just paid £10k for a holiday - we wouldn’t quibble over a £60 bill if it was really ours. There was no apology and it left a sad sour taste at the end of the holiday.
3. There was very little vegetarian food in the main restaurant. I get that most French people aren’t vegetarian but they have a lot of British guests and a lot of British people are. There were so many meat and fish choices every day, I think they could have made an effort to provide vegetarian main choices. Most days there was no obvious vegetarian main course option - just vegetable sides and pizza. I’m the only vegetarian in my family but it was disappointing for me for the amount of money we spent and did make me question whether we can justify the cost when there wasn’t that much for me to eat.
4. Final small negative - the room for 3 children had plenty of space with the extra bed but it wasn’t set up for 3 - only two sets of towels, robes, two glasses etc. which I thought was a bit silly.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and the club med experience. We had such a brilliant time. I just hope they can iron out these few service issues.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello 14Jessica,

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear about the wonderful time you had in our Grand Massif resort.

It's a pleasure to read you loved your room and the food. We aim , at Club Med to provide the best experience for our GMs.

Moreover, we are pleased to hear about the nice time you had on the slopes ! There is nothing more rewarding than enjoying and improving on skis !

We would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback, as it will help us improve in the future.

Can't wait to welcome you again ;)

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

The skiing was good in the morning, not so much in the afternoon, but Club Med can’t control the weather.

The things they can control were excellent.

The ESF instructors were top notch (as they usually are) and as well as showing me the whole ski area, taught my 5 yr old to ski and got my wife to really enjoy her own skiing.

The hotel is brand new (ok, a year old) and is in very good condition, an interesting layout with the restaurants at the top, better views that way. I would have liked a warmer indoor pool, and the outdoor pool was closed, but generally good, with sauna and steam rooms having a British bias ( ie, keep your kit on!)

Evening entertainment was pretty entertaining, the team obviously had worked hard at it, and special mention to the Chef de resort, Thomas for his enthusiastic dancing!

But the real star of the hotel is its food.
I really don’t know how to describe it other than to say I gained 4kg, and I was trying to show restraint.

We will be back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Grand Massif Samoens Morillon, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Hello The_Chuffer,

We are so pleased to read your kind review. It's amazing to hear about the great family holiday you had in our Grand Massif resort, even if the weather was not that good.

Moreover, we are pleased to read your wife and daughter enjoyed their ski lessons !

We will of course let our GOs about your kind review and let them know you loved the food ahah !

Can't wait to welcome you during another Club Med holiday ;)

Have a lovely day!