“not so square house...”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Otley, United Kingdom
“not so square house...”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We ate here on a stopover en route north whilst staying at the very nearby Villa Magnolia Parc... We were exhausted and it was the closest. But happy happenstance the food was wonderful, even of the service left a little to be desired considering there were only three tables occupied. Highly recommended is the Lobster, Foie Gras and Duck. Ok, it's not cheap, but it is good value. We left replete, happy and ready for our very comfy bed. Wonderful wine recommendation too.. Just remember to light the candles next time!!!

• Visited September 2013

Bromley, United Kingdom
“Great location and very good food.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Dined here on 10 September. A balmy evening, dinner served on their terrace. My meal included, amuse bouches, nothing special but welcome and tasty nonetheless. It consisted on two bits of bread, nicely presented with a dab of humous on one and pesto on the other. Starter of smoked salmon ravioli and main of duck were both excellent. The pudding was good but not moist enough for my taste. It was a sponge cake affair - akin to a cupcake size with a myrtle jam in the middle, served with I think a myrtle flavoured sorbet. I also enjoyed an orange-based aperitif, and a sparkling sweet wine with my cheese course and half bottle of rose and a half bottle of sparkling water. I should explain, I'd eaten nothing all day - as when I write this out it seems rather greedy of me! Anyhow, the whole meal came to 51 euros, which is very good value. It was served with charm and the setting was delightful. I will certainly return next time in staying in Montelimar.

• Visited September 2012