Our first time skiing anywhere, and wow we have been spoilt...
The very, very good!
- Every member of the team that you interact with. They really are super friendly, and although probably heard the same questions a million times - they still show interest! We chatted mostly to Beth because she was our guide, abut everyone was good fun!
- I am fussy eater, the menu pushes your boundaries and is fantastic. Also I don't eat fish so the substituted.
- Access to the ski resorts, super easy and if you want you can walk back or ski back (or guide will pick you up!)
- Other guests, met some lovely people - all encouraging us due to our lack of Skiing knowledge. The team + other couples make the place somewhere you want to come back to.
- Location, easy to get to and obviously transfers mean there really is no hassle for you.
- Rooms are good (not spectacular) and a bit noisy but after all it is a wooden chalet!
The not so good:
- The owners. If you are going to ask a question then at least listen to the answer? It really is rude to ask a question then be scanning the room for your "repeat guests" who are obviously more important (and perhaps rightly so).
It would have actually been better if you just left it to your team to do the chatting, that way all our interactions would have been 5 star. But because you are visible, and greeting some guests like long lost relatives and giving the others fake hellos - it becomes annoying. We are obviously not a repeat customer and not important to you.
And to be fair - it is your choice!
I would like to note, we didn't really talk to Henry but he did check us out, and that was all good.
Darren & Fliccy
P.S thanks again to the team and enjoy the rest of your season out there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ferme de Montagne is a luxurious and lovingly restored old Savoyard farmhouse nestled in the tranquil hamlet of La Turche in Les Gets with stunning views of the mountains, valley and pine forests. Conveniently located, just 1 hour from Geneva, with ski-in ski-out access to over 650km of pistes in the Portes du Soleil ski domain. Ferme de Montagne has established a reputation for outstanding food and excellent service over the last 10 years. We offer a package experience for long and short break stays within a boutique hotel setting in elegant, luxurious and beautifully-fitted, comfortable rooms with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ferme De Montagne Hotel Les Gets
- Ferme De Montagne Les Gets